Senior Project Manager
- Posted Date: November 28th, 2013
- Closing date: December 12th, 2013
- Range: $87,211 - $128,200
- Location: 415 Yonge
- Resource Type: Full Time Regular
- Job Number: 713207
eHealth Ontario is the organization enabling physicians and health care providers establish and maintain electronic health records (EHRs) for all of Ontario’s 13 million residents.
The Senior Project Manager will work with various teams within the Agency and with its partners to ensure the timely, efficient and quality development of eHealth Ontario products and services. Assignments include large scale complex project or multiple medium scale projects.
Your Chance to Shine
- Ability to take broad concepts and turn them into achievable plans and manage the plans from requirements through design and implementation.
- Ability to integrate and manage several related plans and to support the integration of planning and delivery across a large and diverse delivery program.
- Scope of accountability covers all aspects of delivery including:
- Developing plans and estimates
- Risk and scope management
- Quality management
- Change management and change requests
- Executing, controlling, reporting and closing.
- Ensuring appropriate and timely change control and compliance with eHealth Ontario change processes
- Developing integrated project plans, ensuring accurate and appropriate inclusion of deliverables, milestones, resources, inter-project dependencies and progress reporting
- Promoting project compliance with eHealth Ontario policies and standards, including privacy, security and architecture
- Ensuring compliance by contractors and vendors
- Ensuring project budget and cost controls are managed throughout the lifespan of the project
- Proactively managing risks, and systematically resolving or escalating issues in a timely manner
- Ensuring project reporting is timely, accurate and appropriate for the various stakeholders
- Leading feasibility studies and ensuring quality Business Cases are developed following eHealth Ontario Governance framework
- Negotiating project team resources
- Following eHealth Ontario methodologies.
Your Skills Make the Difference
- University degree or equivalent work experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or actively working towards a designation is preferred
- Minimum 10-12 years experience with managing large and complex enterprise level projects with a demonstrated track record of delivering successful business outcomes that are aligned to the project or program business case
Technical Knowledge and skills:
- Strong project management skills gained through progressively more responsible assignments
- Demonstrated experience managing across full solution development lifecycle
- Track record of successful project delivery
- Experience with MS Project Server 2010
- Experience in managing delivery teams of various sizes and scope (may include staff, consultants, vendors)
- Sound knowledge of finance and project cost-accounting principles and practices with demonstrated experience with managing project budgets
- Experience with and knowledge of Microsoft Office tools and Microsoft Project; experience with MS Project Server 2010 highly desirable
- Familiarity with project methodologies and standards (PLC, DLC, ITIL) and tools, e.g. SharePoint
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Excellent conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- The ability to build and maintain productive working relationships with internal stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to manage cross functional project teams in a matrix environment and the ability to work in a highly matrix environment
- Knowledge or experience of the Health Sector and/or government is an asset
As a condition of employment, this position is subject to the successful completion of the following pre-employment conditions:
- Reference Check
- Criminal Background Check
Bring your knowledge and expertise to our team and contribute significantly to the province's eHealth initiative. Solid career advancement opportunities and superior benefits are some of the other advantages you'll find at eHealth Ontario.
We regret that only those candidates qualifying for an interview will be contacted by a member of the Talent Acquisition team. We encourage you continue to refer to our career page as new opportunities become available and updated on a regular basis. Thank you again for your interest in eHealth Ontario!