|Senior Product & Capacity Manager - Bedminster, New Jersey
Telesat is a leading global satellite operator, providing reliable and secure satellite-delivered communications solutions worldwide to broadcast, telecom, corporate and government customers. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, the company’s state-of-the-art fleet consists of 15 GEO satellites, the Canadian payload on ViaSat-1 and one Phase 1 LEO satellite which is the start of Telesat's planned global LEO satellite constellation that will offer low latency, high throughput broadband services. An additional two GEO satellites are under construction with launches planned for mid-2018. Telesat is also a leading technical consultant providing high value expertise and support to satellite operators, insurers and other industry participants on a global basis. Privately held, Telesat’s principal shareholders are Canada’s Public Sector Pension Investment Board and Loral Space & Communications Inc. (NASDAQ: LORL).
We are looking for a Senior Product & Capacity Manager to assist International Product Management (Space Segment and Network Services) with the management of on-going capacity & inventory optimization, with a focus on customer migrations, payload configuration and related activities. In addition, this position will also participate in product life cycle responsibilities, including offer approvals, contract management and service provisioning.
The responsibilities and range of activities may vary, but in general will include:
- Development and management of carrier migration activities to support new service requests and on-going inventory optimization
- Directly interact with Sales, Engineering and Operations organizations to develop and manage tactical customer migrations
- Management of customer interactions through sales, and directly with customer contacts, as appropriate
- Liaise with Engineering and other Product Managers to ensure technical & commercial viability of migration activities and payload configuration requests
- Authorize Engineering and Operations to create and implement transmission plans
- Authorize Operations when payload changes are required (Gain Step, coverage change, etc.)
- Management of Opportunity Workflow in Oracle (currently), including administration & follow up on offer requests and contract life cycle items.
- Directly interact with members of the Sales organization to ensure proper submission of requests
- Interact with Engineering on capacity assumptions and link budget requirements, including contract capacity assignment
- Interact with contract management and legal regarding special contract terms and participate in customer negotiations as required
- Support proposal and offer development for Network Services product line, supporting transport services from Telesat-owned or leased earth station facilities
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 10+ years experience in professional environment, preferably Satellite Telecommunications
- Experience with Satellite Ground services is a plus
- Proficient using MS Office suite, with focus on MS Excel
- Written and verbal communication skills
- High degree of organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to understand and relate both technical and commercial concerns
- If no Engineering background, a strong proficiency in mathematics is desired
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Marketing or Engineering