|Billing Administrator - Ottawa, Ontario
Telesat is a leading global satellite operator, providing reliable and secure satellite-delivered communications solutions worldwide to broadcast, telecom, corporate and government customers. The company is headquartered in Ottawa, Canada and has offices and facilities around the world. The company’s state-of-the-art fleet consists of 16 GEO satellites, the Canadian payload on ViaSat-1 and one Phase 1 LEO (low earth orbit) satellite which is the start of Telesat's planned global LEO satellite constellation that will offer low latency, high throughput broadband services. An additional GEO satellite is scheduled for launch September 2018. Telesat is also a leading technical consultant providing high value expertise and support to satellite operators, insurers and other industry participants on a global basis. Privately held, Telesat’s principal shareholders are Canada’s Public Sector Pension Investment Board and Loral Space & Communications Inc. (NASDAQ: LORL).
As a Billing Administrator at Telesat you will:
- Review complex contracts in order to understand and interpret the accounting and billing implications (amortization/free periods, etc.).
- Ensure billing milestones and project schedules are in accordance with the terms outlined in the contract.
- Set-up new client details in the financial systems such as client codes and client records, billing rate calculations and schedules. Forward documentation to various internal groups as appropriate.
- Ensure all monthly and quarterly activities are complete and accurate in the areas of customer billing and that related postings are entered into the accounting systems.
- Ensure compliance with legal, tax and regulatory requirements for customer billing (CRTC, HST, etc.).
- Take ownership of specified general ledger accounts, preparing the relevant monthly accounting entries, reconciliations and credit notes using multiple systems in order to conform to client requirements.
- Respond to requests from auditors with respect to areas of responsibility by providing the supporting documentation required for various audits throughout the year.
- Identify and correct quality control issues such as duplicate billing, data entry errors, set up/systems errors, etc.
- Establish and maintain internal and external client relationships, providing exceptional customer service by responding to queries regarding billing process and invoices.
- Prepare billing analysis for month-end and quarter-end activities.
- Prepare ad-hoc reports and participate in special projects, as required.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Postsecondary diploma in a related field combined with several years of directly relevant experience.
- Ability to work proactively and independently, prioritize, and multi-task.
- Strong research and problem solving skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and both verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Working knowledge of accounting concepts.
- Strong computer skills including advanced MS Excel and the ability to work with complex templates and upload data from enterprise resource planning systems billing and reporting modules.
- Experience in recording entries in multiple currencies (transactional, functional, and reporting) is considered an asset.
- Experience with an ERP system.
The successful candidate must be legally entitled to work for Telesat in Canada and be able to obtain Reliability Clearance.