Telesat is a leading global satellite operator with headquarters in Canada and a fifty-year history of innovation. Through our global operations we generate approx. 1B C$ revenues with industry leading EBITDA margin of 80+%.
We are launching a new network, Telesat LEO, that is a state-of-the-art satellite constellation with hundreds of highly advanced satellites in low-earth-orbit (~1,000 km from earth, ~35 times closer than traditional satellites) that will seamlessly integrate with terrestrial networks to deliver fiber quality connectivity anywhere on earth.
The Telesat LEO system is ideally suited to backhaul mobile and ISP traffic from non-fiber areas, connect planes and ships as well as remote enterprise and government users.
Specifically, our new connectivity solution offered will offer:
- fiber like performance (~Gbps links, 30-50 ms latency RTT)
- MEF (Metro Ethernet Forum) standards compliant Carrier Ethernet
- deployment and usage flexibility
- lower total cost of operation vs any satellite or multi-hop microwave architecture
Telesat LEO Ethernet service will be an economical addition to the network and radio planner’s transport toolbox to
- reduce cost of transport while expanding next gen mobile networks beyond fiber footprint
- improve resilience of core infrastructure through 100% diverse routes
- affordably connect remote enterprise and private networks
Telesat LEO network will be in-service in year 2022.
More info on Telesat LEO at https://www.telesat.com/services/leo
Mobile Network Operators, Wireline Telcos, Enterprise connectivity and Internet Service Providers targeting non-urban areas, collectively the Terrestrial vertical is a key target segment for our service offering.
We are looking for a Business Development Vice President to lead engagement with this target vertical at a global level.
Location of role is flexible but is expected to be in a major hub closer to the Europe/Africa/Asia markets. London or Singapore are potential locations.
This role will report to the Senior Vice President, Corporate and Business Development.
Ideally suited to self-directed individuals looking for a fast-paced environment and looking to make a global impact.
- Market Development
- Create interest for Telesat LEO at C-suite level within Telcos in the region
- Leverage understanding of telco business and network trends to influence long-term network strategy (specifically backhaul) and enterprise connectivity provider decisions of large Telcos
- Build effective partnerships with potential go-to-market and channel partners including network OEMs, service providers, terminal vendors, etc. serving Telcos and lead joint go-to-market efforts
- Build Pipeline and Team
- Recruit and develop business development team focused on Terrestrial vertical
- Define territory objectives and plans
- Manage global pipeline and account planning for the vertical
- Deal construct and Capacity commitments
- Define innovative deal constructs and own proposals to convert client interest to capacity and $ commitments
- Establish process for effective engagement with Telesat’s internal engineering and commercial teams to conduct effective client discussions, proposals and negotiations
- Product Development
- Provide market requirements and feedback to commercial and technical product teams on
- product/pricing construct for Ethernet services
- user terminal and other customer premise equipment
- Provide feedback on Terrestrial network footprint/ PoPs to engineering team
- Represent Telesat at industry events and key stakeholder events as needed (e.g., financial institutions, board updates)
- 15+ years of relevant business and market development experience
- New logo acquisition (hunter) and proven ability to close high TCV deals
- Record of accomplishment interacting and building relationships with C-suite
- Consultative sales experience
- Experience orchestrating deals across different departments of Telcos (Technology/Engineering, Procurement, Operations)
- Strong network in the regional telco community
- Strategic, long-term thinker
- Hands-on experience with proposal creation and leading proposal presentations
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Master’s Degree a plus, Bachelor's Degree preferred
International travel is anticipated; therefore, the successful candidate will need to maintain an up-to-date passport and remain legally able to travel internationally.