Telesat is a leading global satellite operator, providing reliable and secure satellite-delivered communications solutions worldwide to broadcast, telecom, corporate and government customers. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, with offices and facilities around the world, the company’s state-of-the-art fleet consists of 17 GEO satellites, the Canadian payload on ViaSat-1 and one Phase 1 LEO satellite which is the start of Telesat’s planned global LEO satellite constellation that will offer low latency, high throughput broadband services. Telesat is also a leading technical consultant providing high value expertise and support to satellite operators, insurers and other industry participants on a global basis. Privately held, Telesat’s principal shareholders are Canada’s Public Sector Pension Investment Board and Loral Space & Communications Inc. (NASDAQ: LORL).
Reporting to the Controller, the Manager, Corporate Accounting is responsible for producing Telesat’s consolidated financial statements and its subsidiaries, implementing new accounting standards and in conjunction with the Corporate Controller, maintaining all financial systems, and coordinating and liaising with external auditors The incumbent will also perform special projects as required and will manage a small team of accounting professionals
How You Will Contribute:
- Responsible for the production of consolidated financial statements for Telesat and its subsidiaries
- Coordinate and liaise with external auditors with regards to the planning and execution of quarterly and annual audits
- Responsible for ensuring all intercompany transactions are recorded in compliance with transfer pricing agreements, which includes working with Legal and Tax to implement or modify new/existing transfer pricing arrangements
- Assist the Corporate Controller with accounting systems planning, development and implementation, ensuring that all systems which interface with the general ledger provide accurate, timely data and comply with established accounting procedures
- Assist the Corporate Controller with ad-hoc reports and special projects
- Manage a team of accounting professionals
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor of Commerce Degree in Accounting (or Business Management, Finance or related discipline) from a recognized university
- Professional Accounting Designation
- Minimum of 8 years of progressive public accounting and/or private industry experience in accounting, finance and/or auditing
- Experience managing a team
- Experience with large complex ERP systems
The successful candidate must be able to work in Canada and obtain an Enhanced Reliability clearance.