Telesat is a leading global satellite operator, providing reliable and secure satellite-delivered communications solutions worldwide to broadcast, telecom, corporate and government customers. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, with offices and facilities around the world, the company’s state-of-the-art fleet consists of 17 GEO satellites, the Canadian payload on ViaSat-1 and one Phase 1 LEO satellite which is the start of Telesat’s planned global LEO satellite constellation that will offer low latency, high throughput broadband services. Telesat is also a leading technical consultant providing high value expertise and support to satellite operators, insurers and other industry participants on a global basis. Privately held, Telesat’s principal shareholders are Canada’s Public Sector Pension Investment Board and Loral Space & Communications Inc. (NASDAQ: LORL).
The Manager, Revenue and Receivables is responsible for overseeing 1) the Revenue accounting and Billing functions for Telesat and its subsidiaries, 2) Credit and Collections for the Consolidated group of companies and 3) implementation and maintenance of revenue reporting and related controls.
How You Will Contribute:
- Responsible for the accurate and timely reporting of the Company’s revenues
- Review revenue contracts and determine appropriate revenue recognition treatment, including the preparation or review of accounting memos to support revenue recognition for complex contracts
- Assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of appropriate financial reporting systems and ensure appropriate controls are in place to support the accuracy and integrity of the financial information
- Analyze the impact of new IFRS pronouncements and implement as required
- Meet monthly with Sales and Marketing VPs to determine collection strategies for a diverse portfolio of receivables
- Meet quarterly with the CFO to assess the adequacy of the AFDA and bad debt provisioning
- Assist the corporate controller with ad-hoc reports and special projects
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor of Commerce Degree in Accounting (or Business Management, Finance or related discipline) from a recognized university
- Professional Accounting Designation
- Minimum 8 years experience
- Experience managing a team
- Experience with large complex ERP systems
The successful candidate must be able to work in Canada and obtain an Enhanced Reliability clearance.