Telesat is a leading global satellite operator with headquarters in Canada and a fifty-year history of innovation. Through our global operations we generate approx. 1B C$ revenues with industry leading EBITDA margin of 80+%.
We are launching a new network, Telesat LEO, that is a state-of-the-art satellite constellation with hundreds of highly advanced satellites in low-earth-orbit (~1,000 km from earth, ~35 times closer than traditional satellites) that will seamlessly integrate with terrestrial networks to deliver fiber quality connectivity anywhere on earth. Telesat is partnering with a global ecosystem to build this network including (but not limited to) Airbus, Thales, Maxar, Loon/Alphabet group and Blue Origin.
Telesat LEO will be a global network, offering telecom services to multiple markets (aero, maritime, telco, remote enterprises, etc.). The system is ideally suited to backhaul mobile and ISP traffic from non-fiber areas, connect planes and ships as well as remote enterprise and government users. Specifically, our new connectivity solution will offer wireline quality and wireless flexibility at disruptive economics.
Telesat LEO network will be in-service in year 2022.
More info on Telesat LEO at https://www.telesat.com/services/leo
We are growing our business development team and looking for a Business Development Lead (BD-Lead).
The BD-Lead will be instrumental in developing and managing relationships with strategic channel partners and customers globally including developing engagement models, value proposition for partners and modelling partnership economics including pricing and cost/benefit analysis.
This role will report to the Director of Global Commercial and Product Development and is based at the Telesat headquarters in Ottawa, Canada.
Ideally suited to self-directed individuals who are strong analytical thinkers, business savvy, looking for a fast-paced environment and working at a global scale.
- Identify strategic partner engagement model
- e.g., buy Telesat services, product partner, channel partner
- Define term sheets
- understand customer or partner needs
- define terms working with internal teams (e.g., product, engineering, sales, legal, finance)
- financial analysis (NPV/IRR/RoI, cost-benefit, pricing and yield)
- negotiate and finalize terms with partners
- Orchestrate term sheets to signed contracts/agreements
- Assist Telesat leadership in strategic customer/partner strategy planning
- Productize partnership playbook (e.g., processes, pricing tools)
- Monitor industry trends and deals
- Master’s Degree a plus, Bachelor's Degree required
- 5+ years of high quality relevant experience, preferably having worked in blue-chip companies or as a management consultant or similar advisory role
- Telecom industry background preferred
- Good understanding of financial analysis concepts and financial modelling knowledge
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Self-starter, entrepreneurial, strategic thinker
- Fast learner
- Expert working knowledge of analytical and presentation tools (e.g., Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint, Tableau)
- Travel as needed
International travel is anticipated; therefore, the successful candidate will need to maintain an up-to-date passport and remain legally able to travel internationally.