Telesat is a leading global satellite operator, providing reliable and secure satellite-delivered communications solutions worldwide to broadcast, telecom, corporate and government customers. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, with offices and facilities around the world, the company’s state-of-the-art fleet consists of 16 GEO satellites, the Canadian payload on ViaSat-1 and one Phase 1 LEO satellite, which is the start of Telesat,’s planned advanced global LEO satellite constellation that will offer ultra-low latency, extremely high throughput, and affordable broadband services. Telesat is also a leading technical consultant providing high value expertise and support to satellite operators, insurers and other industry participants on a global basis. Privately held, Telesat’s principal shareholders are Canada’s Public Sector Pension Investment Board and Loral Space & Communications Inc. (NASDAQ: LORL).
The Customer Service Manager is responsible for assuring customer satisfaction and interacts closely with the Sales Manager and the Sales Account Executives. The CSM supports sales in the proposal preparation and quotes. The CSM has an in-depth knowledge of customer accounts, the company’s portfolio of services and internal systems. The CSM supports all sales and post-sales related customer activities such as assists in processing customer contracts and service orders using the Company’s reporting and approval systems, issues customer reports monthly as required, responds to post sales customer requests and complaints, and supports the documentation of outage reports.
How you will contribute
Provide support to all sales related activities
- Ensure customer satisfaction
- Coordinate prompt delivery of services
- Interact with Sales, legal, marketing, procurement to ensure prompt delivery of services to customers
- Issue monthly reports to customers
- Understand customers’ requirements and challenges.
- Grow business with existing Customer accounts by identifying opportunities and assist in closing new sales to meet and exceed revenue and sales growth objectives.
- Prepare proposals and negotiate new and renewal contracts, as required.
- Prepare presentation material including Corporate and Service Overview
- Meet with customers on a regular basis in person or via WebEx and/or conference calls
Developing New Business
- Identify and qualify new business opportunities in target markets
- Support AE to close sales to new accounts to meet revenue and sales growth objectives
- Document customer requirements, identify possible solutions, prepare proposals and negotiate contracts with new customers.
Other Sales Responsibilities
- Build relationships with key customers and business partners
- Lead and coordinate work effectively with internal support resources such as Engineering, Marketing, Finance, Legal and Operations during proposal preparation and contract negotiation.
Education and Experience Required
- 2 to 5 years of Customer Service Manager having worked preferably in the High Tech field.
- Program Management Professional Designation (PMP)
- A degree or certificate in business administration or engineering
- Experience utilizing CRM applications such as salesforce.com
- Experience in sales an asset
- Some knowledge of telecommunications or satellite services
- Ability to communicate the value and vision of satellite communications to customers
- Bilingual an asset (English and French)
Specialized Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Problem solver
- Detail oriented, strong planning and organizational skills
- Strong social & interpersonal skills
- Responsive – ability to quickly adapt and act upon new information
- Ability to understand customers’ requirements in order to recommend the optimum service platform to meet customers’ needs.
- High energy, self motivated and result oriented
- Excellent listening and communication skills (verbal, written and interpersonal).
- The ability to work under pressure and ability to multi-task
- Willingness to travel to visit customers
- A valid driver’s license
The successful candidate must be able to work in Canada and obtain clearance under the Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP).