|Senior Helpdesk Analyst - Ottawa, Ontario
Telesat is a leading global satellite operator, providing reliable and secure satellite-delivered communications solutions worldwide to broadcast, telecom, corporate and government customers. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, with offices and facilities around the world, the company’s state-of-the-art fleet consists of 16 GEO satellites, the Canadian payload on ViaSat-1 and one Phase 1 LEO satellite, which is the start of Telesat,’s planned advanced global LEO satellite constellation that will offer ultra-low latency, extremely high throughput, and affordable broadband services. Telesat is also a leading technical consultant providing high value expertise and support to satellite operators, insurers and other industry participants on a global basis. Privately held, Telesat’s principal shareholders are Canada’s Public Sector Pension Investment Board and Loral Space & Communications Inc. (NASDAQ: LORL).
Reporting to the Manager, Systems and Network Support, the incumbent provides the technical leadership and specialist expertise required for the operation of the corporate Helpdesk. In addition, the resource will be providing first and second line helpdesk services to all employees worldwide and capable of applying technical expertise at a superior level.
How you will contribute
- Field incoming help requests from end-users via both telephone and e-mail in a courteous manner.
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from help desk customers.
- Identify, diagnose, and resolve level one problems for users of the software and hardware, LAN and WAN, VPN, the Internet and new computer technology; communicate solutions to end-users.
- Respond to more complex issues (second line support) escalated by the first line support using problem solving skills and analysis to identify root causes of issues, determine course of action and propose creative solutions.
- Mentor and train other technicians on more complex and/or critical procedures and items.
- Document, track and monitor problems to ensure timely resolution.
- Assist in tracking helpdesk calls pertaining to application, networking, and systems problems and issues.
- Promote a very high level of customer satisfaction through proper telephone techniques and respond with the elevated level of urgency to user problems in order to ensure that timely and cost-effective solutions are provided.
- Correct application issues, solve network and security problems and identify common PC software and hardware problems.
- Provide hardware support of end-user equipment, such as installing replacement hardware or upgrading hardware.
- Support Software/Hardware on equipment such as, Scanners, Copiers, Printers, Monitors and other peripherals.
- Assign user-name, password and access right permissions for multiple proprietary applications, as well as client software
Education & Experience Required
- A degree in a relevant area of study with a preference for Computer Science/Information Technology together with demonstrated operational systems and network related experience.
- New graduates are encouraged to apply.
- Industry certifications such as MCSE, CISSP are a strong asset.
- Hardware maintenance and repair
- Secret clearance required.
- Must be well organized and able to grasp system concepts and communicate their applications.
- Must be capable of quickly learning new systems and associated software applications for proficient execution of tasks.
- Ability to manage multiple demands with time related constraints in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of internal employees, communicate technical information, create and deliver presentations and information sessions to both technical and nontechnical personnel.
- Demonstrated experience in applying technical expertise and in-depth evaluation to solve complex problems in own area of expertise.
- Capable of organizing projects effectively to achieve the desired results.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
Specialized Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Work under minimal supervision.
- Make decisions and recommendations requiring analysis and interpretation within established procedures.
- Moderate visual concentration in use of video display terminal.
- Occasional overtime required and group pager rotation may be required for this role.
The successful candidate must be able to work in Canada and obtain clearance under the Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP).