|LEO Senior Solutions Architect L-7 -2019 - Ottawa, Ontario
Telesat is a leading global satellite operator, providing reliable and secure satellite-delivered communications solutions worldwide to broadcast, telecom, corporate and government customers. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, with offices and facilities around the world, the company’s state-of-the-art fleet consists of 16 GEO satellites, the Canadian payload on ViaSat-1 and one Phase 1 LEO satellite, which is the start of Telesat,’s planned advanced global LEO satellite constellation that will offer ultra-low latency, extremely high throughput, and affordable broadband services. Telesat is also a leading technical consultant providing high value expertise and support to satellite operators, insurers and other industry participants on a global basis. Privately held, Telesat’s principal shareholders are Canada’s Public Sector Pension Investment Board and Loral Space & Communications Inc. (NASDAQ: LORL).
The LEO Solutions Architect will provide engineering design and end-to-end customer solutions for Telesat LEO services and provide pre-sale and post-sale engineering support to Telesat LEO sales teams
How you will contribute
- Identify and design end-to-end (E2E) service solutions based on customer requirements and Telesat LEO product and system capabilities
- Perform system architecture work to support service design, system evaluation, planning and testing for Telesat LEO system development, engineering and operations
- Be the primary point of contact between Telesat LEO and our customer’s technical teams. Maintain a liaison role for technical matters and act knowledgably and independently on technical issues within an agreed-to range of technical parameters
- Engage internal and external customers and strategic partners to fully understand customers technical requirements and to define services delivery solutions and next steps
- Support RFI/RFP preparation and evaluation, including marketing campaigns and Go-To-Market initiatives required to drive service adoption that will meet and exceed revenue targets
- Ensure that Telesat LEO solutions deliver to the highest quality-of-service standards, leveraging product platform and systems and addressing market and customer needs.
- Recommend and contribute to improvements to the LEO system as a whole
Education and Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or relevant discipline with emphasis on telecommunications
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in sales engineering and/or solutions architect with a minimum of 2 years in broadband IP networking
Specialized Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Expert level knowledge of satellite network architecture, communication systems, new technologies development and end user applications for mobility, backhaul and enterprise services
- Experience in Layer-2 Ethernet connectivity solutions to satisfy end-to-end customer requirements
- Knowledge of network technologies and protocols – IPV4/6, OSPF, BGP, RSVP, QoS, LTE, etc.
- Good understanding of MEF standards and implementations
- Familiarity of regulatory environment for NGSO satellite systems
- Knowledge of the telecommunications sales cycle, Qualification (go-no-go), Pre, Win, Post and directly selling technical solutions to customers
- Demonstrated project management, project leadership and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize opportunities, needs, and resources and make effective decisions
- Strong analytical, problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent communicator. Ability to summarize complex problems, solutions and recommendations with diverse audiences, including both technical and non-technical customers, colleagues and executives
- Fluent in English, written and oral
- Design, develop and recommends service solutions and roadmaps for Telesat LEO service offered
- Occasional travel, including international travel would be required for this role.
The successful candidate must be able to work in Canada and obtain clearance under the Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP).