|Digital Graphic Designer - Ottawa, Ontario
Telesat is a leading global satellite operator, providing reliable and secure satellite-delivered communications solutions worldwide to broadcast, telecom, corporate and government customers. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, with offices and facilities around the world, the company’s state-of-the-art fleet consists of 16 GEO satellites, the Canadian payload on ViaSat-1 and one Phase 1 LEO satellite, which is the start of Telesat’s planned advanced global LEO satellite constellation that will offer ultra-low latency, extremely high throughput, and affordable broadband services. Telesat is also a leading technical consultant providing high value expertise and support to satellite operators, insurers and other industry participants on a global basis. Privately held, Telesat’s principal shareholders are Canada’s Public Sector Pension Investment Board and Loral Space & Communications Inc. (NASDAQ: LORL).
The Digital Graphic Designer will provide a broad range of communication and marketing services to the internal team and the organization at large and will enhance Telesat’s global brand and presence.
How you will contribute
- Design printed and online collateral including program and service brochures, fact sheets, web banners, social media graphics and assets, etc.
- Develop tight, punchy copy across multiple platforms, including social,blogs,video, webcasts, PowerPoint presentations, print media
- Generate new ideas and concepts for marketing and communications campaigns with an ability to contribute to the development and execution of the campaign and related actions
- Act as brand champion, maintaining corporate branding and visual style guidelines, ensuring design and format standards consistently enhance and promote Telesat’s reputation and brand
- Implement SEO strategies and tools to optimize Telesat’s web traffic
Education & Experience Required
- University or college graduate with a degree/diploma in graphic design, visual arts, digital marketing or related field
- Minimum of five years of professional work experience in graphic design or digital design using the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign)
- Minimum of three years of experience with Wordpress, HTML, back end website management
- Ability to create and manage print-ready files
- Meticulous attention to detail and quality
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; bilingualism (English and French) a plus
- Familiarity with the latest trends, technologies and methodologies in graphic design, web design and production
- Experience with video editing and production a plus
- Independent judgment in planning, scheduling and organizing work assignments
- Makes decisions and recommendations within established guidelines and procedures
- Exercises initiative in making sound independent decisions regarding the planning and establishment of priorities to ensure timely completion of all tasks in order to meet required commitments
The successful candidate must be able to work in Canada and obtain clearance under the Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP).