Telesat is a leading global satellite operator, providing reliable and secure satellite-delivered communications solutions worldwide to broadcast, telecom, corporate and government customers. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, with offices and facilities around the world, the company’s state-of-the-art fleet consists of 16 GEO satellites, the Canadian payload on ViaSat-1 and one Phase 1 LEO satellite which is the start of Telesat’s planned advanced global LEO satellite constellation that will offer ultra-low latency, extremely high throughput, affordable broadband services. Telesat is also a leading technical consultant providing high value expertise and support to satellite operators, insurers and other industry participants on a global basis. Privately held, Telesat’s principal shareholders are Canada’s Public Sector Pension Investment Board and Loral Space & Communications Inc. (NASDAQ: LORL).
The Systems Engineer will design end-to-end satellite systems using advanced space and ground segment technologies to provide fixed and mobile services.
How You Will Contribute:
- Provide link design and capacity analysis as technical inputs to the development of business plans for new satellite initiatives
- Model interference and other impairments
- Recommend and contribute to improvements of system engineering software tools
- Conduct systems analysis to support regulatory filings and coordination with other satellite operators
- Customize software for systems engineering link design and capacity analysis
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor Electrical Engineering, Masters preferred
- Specialization in RF engineering
- Knowledge of satellite ground and payload performance
- Highly skilled at optimizing link budget analyses to achieve end-to-end system performance
- Proficient with MATLAB to model complex communication systems
- Understanding of protocols for satellite communications
- Expert at analyzing interference of shared spectrum
- Familiarity with advanced wireless networks such as 5G
- Ability to summarize complex problems, solutions and recommendations
- Fluent in English, written and oral
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally as needed
Must be able to work in Canada and obtain clearance under the Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP).