Telesat is a leading global satellite operator, providing reliable and secure satellite-delivered communications solutions worldwide to broadcast, telecom, corporate and government customers. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, with offices and facilities around the world, the company’s state-of-the-art fleet consists of 16 GEO satellites, the Canadian payload on ViaSat-1 and one Phase 1 LEO satellite, which is the start of Telesat’s planned advanced global LEO satellite constellation that will offer ultra-low latency, extremely high throughput, and affordable broadband services. Telesat is also a leading technical consultant providing high value expertise and support to satellite operators, insurers and other industry participants on a global basis. Privately held, Telesat’s principal shareholders are Canada’s Public Sector Pension Investment Board and Loral Space & Communications Inc. (NASDAQ: LORL).
Support the Business Development team working on creating the product and pricing for the new constellation, support communication and marketing efforts and the go-to-market strategy for Telesat’s Low Earth Orbit network. We are looking for an analytical and self-starting intern to tackle market research, support data analysis and other fast-paced projects that come to the Business Development team as they work with the technical teams, sales and marketing to launch the next generation satellite service.
How you will contribute
- Support product definition by translating underlying trends into product and service needs
- Research target customer segments to better understand and validate requirements for, and potential demand from, different customer segments
- Operationalize go-to-market initiatives through creation of sales tools and marketing communications materials (whitepapers, training material, presentations, etc.)
- Research strategic/commercial partners, product partners and channel partners
Education & Experience Required
- Education: Completing an undergraduate degree in Commerce, Business or Marketing
- Analyzing, interpreting and presenting data
- Excel skills, VBA and macro knowledge a plus
- Market research and analyzing customer requirements
- Effective communicator, sharing insights through presentations
- Creative problem-solver with thorough attention to detail
- Collaborative team-player
Work will be supervised at a high level by product managers. The applicant must possess an ability to work well both individually and in a team environment and have strong verbal and written communication skills.
The successful candidate must be able to work in Canada and obtain clearance under the Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP).