|Data Analytics Coop Student (2 positions) - Ottawa, Ontario
Data Analytics Coop Student
Telesat is a leading global satellite operator, providing reliable and secure satellite-delivered communications solutions worldwide to broadcast, telecom, corporate and government customers. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, with offices and facilities around the world, the company’s state-of-the-art fleet consists of 16 GEO satellites, the Canadian payload on ViaSat-1 and one Phase 1 LEO satellite, which is the start of Telesat,’s planned advanced global LEO satellite constellation that will offer ultra-low latency, extremely high throughput, and affordable broadband services. Telesat is also a leading technical consultant providing high value expertise and support to satellite operators, insurers and other industry participants on a global basis. Privately held, Telesat’s principal shareholders are Canada’s Public Sector Pension Investment Board and Loral Space & Communications Inc. (NASDAQ: LORL).
Under the guidance of senior technical staff, the Data Analytics Co-Op will support the development and implementation of LEO Constellation analytics models and related modelling software
How you will contribute
- Productizing current scripts, creating programs for internal users to access, upload, analyze data and run simulations
- Automate data retrieval and processing, including set up direct data access from servers
- Support data pre-processing, data analysis, and development of new analytics models
- Assist with maintaining database and data visualization requirements as necessary
Education & Experience Required
- 3rd year Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or Statistics, from an accredited Canadian University
- Demonstrated proficiency with Python and SQL is mandatory
- Knowledge of fundamentals of statistical analysis (histograms, probability distributions, regression)
- Knowledge of Scikit-learn and R would be a definite asset.
- Some knowledge of MATLAB programming would be nice to have
- Interpersonal skills
- Written and verbal skills in English
The successful candidate must be able to work in Canada and obtain clearance under the Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP).