Systems Operations Coop Student
Telesat is a leading global satellite operator, providing reliable and secure satellite-delivered communications solutions worldwide to broadcast, telecom, corporate and government customers. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, with offices and facilities around the world, the company’s state-of-the-art fleet consists of 16 GEO satellites, the Canadian payload on ViaSat-1 and one Phase 1 LEO satellite, which is the start of Telesat,’s planned advanced global LEO satellite constellation that will offer ultra-low latency, extremely high throughput, and affordable broadband services. Telesat is also a leading technical consultant providing high value expertise and support to satellite operators, insurers and other industry participants on a global basis. Privately held, Telesat’s principal shareholders are Canada’s Public Sector Pension Investment Board and Loral Space & Communications Inc. (NASDAQ: LORL).
Under the guidance of senior technical staff, the System Operations Coop will support the deployment of a pilot multi-cloud infrastructure and services for Telesat LEO System Operations
How you will contribute
- Work with senior engineers and software architects to turn up pilot cloud infrastructure services
- Support development of pilot cloud service catalog
- Support the development and deployment of DevOps tools on the pilot cloud platform
- In this role, the intern will be encouraged to take initiative and recommend courses of action to the System Operations team.
Education & Experience Required
- 3rd year, Computer Science, Software Engineering or System Engineering degree from an accredited Canadian University
- Familiarity with DevOps tools including Jira, Git
- Familiarity with virtualization technologies including VMware
- Familiarity with containerization technologies including Docker and Kubernetes
- Interpersonal skills, willingness to learn about satellite network operations
- Written and verbal skills in English, French an asset
The successful candidate must be able to work in Canada and obtain clearance under the Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP).