Telesat is a leading global satellite operator, providing reliable and secure satellite-delivered communications solutions worldwide to broadcast, telecom, corporate and government customers. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, with offices and facilities around the world, the company’s state-of-the-art fleet consists of 16 GEO satellites, the Canadian payload on ViaSat-1 and one Phase 1 LEO satellite, which is the start of Telesat,’s planned advanced global LEO satellite constellation that will offer ultra-low latency, extremely high throughput, and affordable broadband services. Telesat is also a leading technical consultant providing high value expertise and support to satellite operators, insurers and other industry participants on a global basis. Privately held, Telesat’s principal shareholders are Canada’s Public Sector Pension Investment Board and Loral Space & Communications Inc. (NASDAQ: LORL).
The Account Executive is primarily responsible for generating revenue from the sale of satellite communication products, services and solutions to new and existing customers, with a focus on Broadcasters, Enterprise and Carrier Customers. In the Sales role, the Account Executive is responsible for assuring Customer satisfaction by building trusted relationships with existing and new customers. This position plays a fundamental role in managing and maintaining existing business and developing future growth by understanding the business needs of customers.
How you will contribute
Managing & Developing Existing Accounts
- Manage current accounts’ ongoing requirements.
- Grow business with current accounts and close new sales to meet revenue and sales growth targets.
- Meet with customers regularly.
- Understand customers’ business.
- Prepare proposals and negotiate new and renewal contracts with current customers.
Developing New Business
- Identify and qualify new business opportunities in target markets.
- Close sales to new accounts to meet revenue and sales growth targets.
- Document customer requirements, identify possible solutions, prepare proposals and negotiate contracts with new customers.
Other Sales Responsibilities
- Build relationships with key customers and business partners.
- Lead and coordinate work effectively during proposal preparation and contract negotiation with internal resources such as Engineering, Marketing, Finance, Legal and Operations.
- Manage difficult and complex negotiations resulting in win-win conclusions.
- Coordinate and participate in client demonstrations, proposals, and presentations.
- Develop sales strategies, sales plans and forecasts and maintain sales funnel.
- Track monthly revenue streams from customer base.
- Assist Finance with collections, as required.
Education & Experience Required
Three to five years of sales experience dealing with broadcast, enterprise and carrier customers with a proven track record in account development and successful sales performance. A diploma/degree in business administration or engineering is preferred. Industry specific experience, in particular is preferred.
Specialized Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- The ability to understand customers' application requirements in order to recommend the optimum service platform to meet customers' needs.
- In depth technical knowledge of telecommunications or satellite services.
- The ability to communicate the value and vision of satellite communications to all levels of management up to executive level within an organization.
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills with strong business acumen.
- Demonstrated strong client relations, conflict resolution and relationship-building skills to foster long-term customer retention/satisfaction.
- High energy, self-motivated and results oriented.
- Leadership qualities.
- Excellent listening, facilitation, presentation and communication (verbal, written and interpersonal) skills.
- Detail oriented, strong planning and organizational skills.
- The ability to work effectively under pressure and multi-task.
- Willingness to travel to visit key customers and partners.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Experience utilizing CRM applications such as salesforce.com
- Regularly work in general office environment
- Occasional travel to customer offices and/or sales conferences
- Makes sound decisions and recommendations governed by general policy.
- May provide leadership to more junior staff. Advancement opportunities to manage sales team in future.
The successful candidate must be able to work in Canada and obtain clearance under the Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP).