|LEO System Planning Manager-L46-2019 - Washington, District of Columbia
Telesat is a leading global satellite operator, providing reliable and secure satellite-delivered communications solutions worldwide to broadcast, telecom, corporate and government customers. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, with offices and facilities around the world, the company’s state-of-the-art fleet consists of 16 GEO satellites, the Canadian payload on ViaSat-1 and one Phase 1 LEO satellite, which is the start of Telesat,’s planned advanced global LEO satellite constellation that will offer ultra-low latency, extremely high throughput, and affordable broadband services. Telesat is also a leading technical consultant providing high value expertise and support to satellite operators, insurers and other industry participants on a global basis. Privately held, Telesat’s principal shareholders are Canada’s Public Sector Pension Investment Board and Loral Space & Communications Inc. (NASDAQ: LORL).
We are looking for a LEO System Planning Manager to join our team in Washington D.C. The System Planning Manager will analyze, develop and document business process for End-to-End (E2E) service delivery as well as develop, document and maintain product and service policies for Telesat LEO services.
How you will contribute
- Partner with technical product managers, engineering, operations, IT and commercial teams to identify and document product and service policies
- Work closely with technical product manager, terrestrial network & system operations, Business System Support (BSS) development team, business development, marketing and regulatory to identify and document User Acceptance Testing (UAT) requirements
- Business owner of requirements for customer facing portal
- Be the liaison between the commercial, legal, finance and technical business process requirements
- Be a key advisor for customers experience and service lifecycle
- Document and maintain up-to-date product policies
- Recommend process, procedures and/or task for improving service delivery and End-to-End (E2E) service management
Education & Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, MBA or technical related field
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as business and process analysis in SATCOM/Telecommunication sector
Specialized Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Good understanding of satellite communication, network and telecommunication technologies
- Experience of relevant products and E2E service delivery
- Demonstrated experience in telecom BSS/OSS systems
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication (written and oral) skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Be able to write and communicate in a concise manner to convey information appropriately for internal or external audience
- Experience with documents best practices and formats
- Self-motivated and demonstrate ability to work with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to manage priorities, timelines and quality of work
- Able to manage sensitive documents and information in compliance with company policies
- Develop and recommend product policies and user acceptance testing for the Telesat LEO system
- This role is expected to grow and lead multi-disciplinary project teams and/or provide technical/commercial assistance or guidance to other engineers or specialists
- Occasional travel, including international travel is anticipated.
The successful candidate must be able to work in Canada and obtain clearance under the Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP).