Telesat is a leading global satellite operator, providing reliable and secure satellite-delivered communications solutions worldwide to broadcast, telecom, corporate and government customers. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, with offices and facilities around the world, the company’s state-of-the-art fleet consists of 16 GEO satellites, the Canadian payload on ViaSat-1 and one Phase 1 LEO satellite, which is the start of Telesat,’s planned advanced global LEO satellite constellation that will offer ultra-low latency, extremely high throughput, and affordable broadband services. Telesat is also a leading technical consultant providing high value expertise and support to satellite operators, insurers and other industry participants on a global basis. Privately held, Telesat’s principal shareholders are Canada’s Public Sector Pension Investment Board and Loral Space & Communications Inc. (NASDAQ: LORL).
The incumbent will provide engineering support to the spectrum development division and specifically will support the international coordination of the Telesat LEO system by developing and integrating automated tools in relevant software. Role is to automate computing of technical coordination methodologies and integrate with Telesat’s LEO constellation models to ensure regulatory compliance.
How you will contribute:
- Develop and verify software (preferably in Matlab) based on various ITU Recommendations (e.g. Recommendation ITU-R S.1503-3) that will enable the assessment of the regulatory compliance and performance of the Telesat LEO system.
- Interpret ITU Recommendations and other relevant materials related to RF propagation and link design
- Implement the computation of downlink EPFD, uplink EPFD, inter-satellite EPFD and Graphical User Interface (GUI) in accordance with the relevant international models and guidelines
- Design and carry out test cases for software verification
Education and required experience:
- Eng. Electrical Engineering, Communication option preferred
- Master’s degree and/or minimum 2 years experience
Specialized Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Excellent and verified Matlab programming skills. Skills in other programming languages (e.g. Python) would be an asset
- RF theory and satellite link budgets principles and application
- Organizational and planning skills
- Strong technical, presentation, interpersonal and communication skills
- Conducts technical analysis for evaluation by staff engineers.
The successful candidate must be able to work in Canada and obtain clearance under the Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP).