|Technologist - Allan Park, Ontario
Telesat is a leading global satellite operator, providing reliable and secure satellite-delivered communications solutions worldwide to broadcast, telecom, corporate and government customers. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, with offices and facilities around the world, the company’s state-of-the-art fleet consists of 16 GEO satellites, the Canadian payload on ViaSat-1 and one Phase 1 LEO satellite, which is the start of Telesat,’s planned advanced global LEO satellite constellation that will offer ultra-low latency, extremely high throughput, and affordable broadband services. Telesat is also a leading technical consultant providing high value expertise and support to satellite operators, insurers and other industry participants on a global basis. Privately held, Telesat’s principal shareholders are Canada’s Public Sector Pension Investment Board and Loral Space & Communications Inc. (NASDAQ: LORL).
Telesat is currently looking for a Technologist for to join our team in Allan Park.
How you will contribute
- The repair of satellite modems and equipment used in our various networks
- The repair and calibration of Telesat’s wide range of test equipment
- Maintain a set of reference equipment, Traceable to National Standards, to be used as Working Standards
- Provide support to the annual HPA maintenance at APK
- Provide support to APK annual antenna maintenance
Education & Experience Required
- 3 Year Electronics Technology Diploma from a Community College specializing in Electronics Telecommunications, or equivalent
- Experience working with a wide range a test and measurement equipment
- Good troubleshooting skills and the ability to repair to discreet component level, with and without schematics including some very old technologies. The ability to work safely with higher voltages up to approximately 10kV is very important
- Good programming skills for working with the GPIB/IEEE-488 Interface BUS. A working knowledge of BASIC and experience using HTBasic or HPBasic would be an asset
- Self motivation, independence, good organizational skills, good math skills all important
- Equipment Used
- Analyzers, generators, meters, oscillators and various other electronic test equipment
- Person will be required to evaluate equipment and determine appropriate repair action
- Make appropriate decisions on repairing vs replacing equipment
- The successful candidate will be assigned to a senior tech during a training period
- Will work independently with minimal supervision
- Day shift
- Repair center environment
The successful candidate must be able to work in Canada and obtain a Reliability Status Government clearance.