Telesat is a leading global satellite operator, providing reliable and secure satellite-delivered communications solutions worldwide to broadcast, telecom, corporate and government customers. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, with offices and facilities around the world, the company’s state-of-the-art fleet consists of 16 GEO satellites, the Canadian payload on ViaSat-1 and one Phase 1 LEO satellite, which is the start of Telesat,’s planned advanced global LEO satellite constellation that will offer ultra-low latency, extremely high throughput, and affordable broadband services. Telesat is also a leading technical consultant providing high value expertise and support to satellite operators, insurers and other industry participants on a global basis. Privately held, Telesat’s principal shareholders are Canada’s Public Sector Pension Investment Board and Loral Space & Communications Inc. (NASDAQ: LORL).
The LEO Budget Coordinator will be responsible to track and report financial budgets for the LEO program. This role has no direct reports, but will work and interact with multi-disciplinary engineering, finance and commercial teams.
How you will contribute:
- Reviewing and coordinating the quarterly forecasting and annual budgeting process
- Providing performance analyses to LEO program management, comparing actual results to forecasted, budgeted and previous years’ data
- Raise purchase requisitions for LEO program and validate integrity with respect to planned budget, account selection and planned timing
- Analyzes data, summarizes results and presents findings and recommendations clearly and concisely to management
- Partnering effectively with internal stakeholders to support forecasting and budget processes
- Support the preparation of high quality engineering documentation and presentations in relation to financial planning for the LEO program
- Support engineering management team in preparation of documentation, briefing notes, presentations, meetings and travel logistic, etc…
Education & Experience Required
- A post-secondary diploma from community college in accounting and/or business
- A minimum of 2 years of experience with financial budgets
Specialized Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work effectively as an individual while ensuring alignment with the team
- Excellent analytical and communication skills to collect, interpret and disperse data in a way which maximizes understanding and confidence
- Exceptional Microsoft Office skills
The successful candidate must be able to work in Canada and obtain a Reliability Status Government clearance.