Backed by a 50-year legacy of engineering excellence, reliability and industry-leading customer service, Telesat has grown to be one of the largest and most successful global satellite operators.
Telesat works collaboratively with its customers to deliver critical connectivity solutions that tackle the world’s most complex communications challenges, providing powerful advantages that improve their operations and drive growth.
In addition to our state-of-the-art global, geostationary satellite fleet, Telesat LEO, our Low Earth Orbit network scheduled to begin service in 2022, will revolutionize global broadband connectivity by delivering a combination of high capacity, security, resiliency and affordability with ultra-low latency and fiber-like speeds.
Telesat also provides industry-leading technical consultation and support services to satellite operators, insurers and other industry stakeholders around the globe.
Privately held and headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, with offices and facilities around the world, Telesat’s principal shareholders are Canada’s Public Sector Pension Investment Board and Loral Space & Communications Inc. (NASDAQ: LORL). For more information, visit www.telesat.com.
The Project Manager will plan, direct and coordinate the System Operations team's activities in order to manage and implement interrelated projects from contract/proposal initiation to final operational stage to project closure. In this role, the incumbent will have significant influence on the schedule and execution of the applications and infrastructure for the LEO program. They will need to make recommendations and decisions based on their experience.
This role has no direct reports, but will work and interact with multi-disciplinary engineering, contracts, legal, and commercial teams.
- Working with project technical leads to plan and manage overall project and project team members
- Collaborate effectively with stakeholders, project teams and other project managers to ensure successful delivery by
- Planning and tracking goals, milestones and gate reviews
- Defining resources and schedule
- Managing risks to the project's success
- Reporting progress at regular intervals to multiple teams
- Maintaining tools to effectively communicate project
- Providing project oversight and coordination for successful delivery of projects
- Interacting and managing the stakeholders for successful project delivery
- Managing weekly/monthly status reports for the projects in coordination with the head of PMO
- Ensuring that team technical standards and guidelines are followed
- Developing and executing project plans for small to medium-sized initiatives as required
- Developing and/or updating process and procedure documentation as required
- Providing governance for quality assurance processes and ensuring quality control and quality assurance processes are followed
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- 5+ years of experience in project management and project oversight and coordination, with at least 3 years doing project management for software development and enterprise IS/IT
- Strong working knowledge of project management, collaboration and productivity tools
- Experienced and skilled in the use of Microsoft Project or similar planning and scheduling tools
- General knowledge of enterprise IS/IT architecture, applications and infrastructure
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in dealing with clients, internal and external stakeholders, senior management and staff
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical individuals
- Experience with small, high-performing teams
- A team player, collaborative and independently driven
- Must demonstrate a flexible, open-minded attitude and have strong interpersonal skills
- Experience effectively leading meetings and facilitating groups
- Bilingual in English and French is an asset
- Occasional travel, including international travel may be required
- The successful candidate must be able to work in Canada and obtain clearance under the Canadian Controlled Goods program (CGP).