Backed by a 50-year legacy of engineering excellence, reliability and industry-leading customer service, Telesat has grown to be one of the largest and most successful global satellite operators.
Telesat works collaboratively with its customers to deliver critical connectivity solutions that tackle the world’s most complex communications challenges, providing powerful advantages that improve their operations and drive growth. In addition to our state-of-the-art global, geostationary satellite fleet, Telesat LEO, our Low Earth Orbit network scheduled to begin service in 2022, will revolutionize global broadband connectivity by delivering a combination of high capacity, security, resiliency and affordability with ultra-low latency and fiber-like speeds.
Telesat also provides industry-leading technical consultation and support services to satellite operators, insurers and other industry stakeholders around the globe.
Privately held and headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, with offices and facilities around the world, Telesat’s principal shareholders are Canada’s Public Sector Pension Investment Board and Loral Space & Communications Inc. (NASDAQ: LORL). For more information, visit www.telesat.com.
Reporting to the Controller, the Manager of Corporate Accounting is responsible for producing Telesat’s consolidated financial statements and its subsidiaries, implementing new accounting standards and in conjunction with the Corporate Controller, maintaining all financial systems, and coordinating and liaising with external auditors. The incumbent will also perform special projects as required and will manage a small team of accounting professionals
How You Will Contribute:
- Responsible for the production of consolidated financial statements for Telesat and its subsidiaries
- Coordinate and liaise with external auditors with regards to the planning and execution of quarterly and annual audits
- Responsible for ensuring all intercompany transactions are recorded in compliance with transfer pricing agreements, which includes working with Legal and Tax to implement or modify new/existing transfer pricing arrangements
- Assist the Corporate Controller with accounting systems planning, development and implementation, ensuring that all systems which interface with the general ledger provide accurate, timely data and comply with established accounting procedures
- Assist the Corporate Controller with ad-hoc reports and special projects
- Manage a team of accounting professionals
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor of Commerce Degree in Accounting (or Business Management, Finance or related discipline) from a recognized university
- Professional Accounting Designation
- Minimum of 8 years of progressive public accounting and/or private industry experience in accounting, finance and/or auditing
- Experience managing a team
- Experience with large complex ERP systems
The successful candidate must be able to work in Canada and obtain a Reliability Status Government clearance.