Backed by a 50-year legacy of engineering excellence, reliability and industry-leading customer service, Telesat has grown to be one of the largest and most successful global satellite operators.
Telesat works collaboratively with its customers to deliver critical connectivity solutions that tackle the world’s most complex communications challenges, providing powerful advantages that improve their operations and drive growth. In addition to our state-of-the-art global, geostationary satellite fleet, Telesat LEO, our Low Earth Orbit network scheduled to begin service in 2022, will revolutionize global broadband connectivity by delivering a combination of high capacity, security, resiliency and affordability with ultra-low latency and fiber-like speeds.
Telesat also provides industry-leading technical consultation and support services to satellite operators, insurers and other industry stakeholders around the globe.
Privately held and headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, with offices and facilities around the world, Telesat’s principal shareholders are Canada’s Public Sector Pension Investment Board and Loral Space & Communications Inc. (NASDAQ: LORL). For more information, visit www.telesat.com.
The Manager, Revenue and Receivables is responsible for overseeing 1) the Revenue accounting and Billing functions for Telesat and its subsidiaries, 2) Credit and Collections for the Consolidated group of companies and 3) implementation and maintenance of revenue reporting and related controls.
How You Will Contribute:
- Responsible for the accurate and timely reporting of the Company’s revenues
- Review revenue contracts and determine appropriate revenue recognition treatment, including the preparation or review of accounting memos to support revenue recognition for complex contracts
- Assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of appropriate financial reporting systems and ensure appropriate controls are in place to support the accuracy and integrity of the financial information
- Analyze the impact of new IFRS pronouncements and implement as required
- Meet monthly with Sales and Marketing VPs to determine collection strategies for a diverse portfolio of receivables
- Meet quarterly with the CFO to assess the adequacy of the AFDA and bad debt provisioning
- Assist the corporate controller with ad-hoc reports and special projects
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor of Commerce Degree in Accounting (or Business Management, Finance or related discipline) from a recognized university
- Professional Accounting Designation
- Minimum 8 years experience
- Experience managing a team
- Experience with large complex ERP systems
The successful candidate must be able to work in Canada and obtain a Reliability Status Government clearance.