Backed by a 50-year legacy of engineering excellence, reliability and industry-leading customer service, Telesat has grown to be one of the largest and most successful global satellite operators. Telesat works collaboratively with its customers to deliver critical connectivity solutions that tackle the world’s most complex communications challenges, providing powerful advantages that improve their operations and drive growth.
In addition to our state-of-the-art global, geostationary satellite fleet, Telesat LEO, our Low Earth Orbit network scheduled to begin service in 2022, will revolutionize global broadband connectivity by delivering a combination of high capacity, security, resiliency and affordability with ultra-low latency and fiber-like speeds.
Telesat also provides industry-leading technical consultation and support services to satellite operators, insurers and other industry stakeholders around the globe.
Privately held and headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, with offices and facilities around the world, Telesat’s principal shareholders are Canada’s Public Sector Pension Investment Board and Loral Space & Communications Inc. (NASDAQ: LORL). For more information, visit www.telesat.com.
The Application Architect (Business Support Systems - BSS) will work collaboratively with business leaders, project managers, vendor architects, and subject matter experts to help identify specific business needs, plan the execution in relation to other business system initiatives, and provide architectural enablement to ensure the business needs are met in a sustainable and enterprise-optimized manner.
How you will contribute
- Lead the design of solutions and creation of architecture deliverables
- Collaborate effectively with stakeholders and project team to ensure successful implementation of the solution
- Provide subject matter and best practice expertise on designing enterprise applications, enterprise data solutions, and service-based integrations between the organizations internally hosted private cloud and external cloud SaaS applications.
Education & Experience Required
- 5+ years' experience in a similar role
- Experience working in Cloud / XaaS-intensive environments and a sound understanding of Cloud deployment and integration patterns
- Experience authoring solutions architecture standards, guidelines, and process documentation at both the system and the enterprise levels
- Experience working in cross-functional technical teams
- Experience working in cloud custom configuration/development projects
- Experience in API's and/or middleware, as part of large system implementation, maintenance, and ongoing support
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in dealing with clients, internal and external stakeholders, senior management and staff
- Ability to effectively communicate to technical and non-technical individuals
- Experience with small, high-performing teams
- A team player, collaborative and independently driven
- Must demonstrate a flexible, open-minded attitude and have strong interpersonal skills
- Experience effectively leading meetings and facilitating groups to reach consensus
- Bilingual in English and French an asset
Specialized Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- In this role, the incumbent will have significant influence on the architecture of the applications and infrastructure for the LEO program. They will need to make recommendations and decisions based on their experience.
This role has no direct reports, but will work and interact with multi-disciplinary engineering, contracts, legal, and commercial teams.
The successful candidate must be able to work in Canada and obtain clearance under the Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP).