|VP of Human Resources - Ottawa, Ontario
Backed by a legacy of engineering excellence, reliability and industry-leading customer service, Telesat has grown to be one of the largest and most successful global satellite operators. Telesat works collaboratively with its customers to deliver critical connectivity solutions that tackle the world’s most complex communications challenges, providing powerful advantages that improve their operations and drive growth. Telesat LEO, our Low Earth Orbit network scheduled to begin service in 2022, will revolutionize global broadband connectivity by delivering a combination of high capacity, security, resiliency and affordability with ultra-low latency and fiber-like speeds.
Privately held and headquartered in downtown Ottawa, with offices and facilities around the world, Telesat’s principal shareholders are Canada’s Public Sector Pension Investment Board and Loral Space & Communications Inc. (NASDAQ: LORL). For more information, visit www.telesat.com.
In order to support its LEO plans, Telesat is in the midst of a rapid expansion of its workforce in Canada and around the world. In order to support these plans, the company is seeking to fill the role of Vice President of Human Resources. The new Vice President of Human Resources position will be located in Ottawa and report to the Chief Executive officer.
The ideal candidate should possess the following skills and characteristics;
- Demonstrated success in the development and delivery of HR programs, strategies, and processes in partnership with the business, including in relation to compensation, benefits, rewards, budgeting, and policy
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results and a dedication to operational and service excellence using positive impact and influence
- History of successful client relationship management, including at the Executive level, and adept at interacting with a diverse groups of colleagues
- Providing creative thought leadership, including engaging others to provide input, in developing and deploying a vision and aligning others to that vision
- Proven ability to develop and execute on strategies and deliver superior short- and long-term results in alignment with overall business strategies
- Demonstrated ability to attract top talent, inspire and bring out the best in others through a demonstrated passion for the business and willingness to recognize and reward the contributions of others
- Comfortable operating in a complex, global organization
- Powerful communicator who engages colleagues, business partners, external stakeholders and employees
- Confident presentation skills and strong interpersonal skills including high EQ and emotional maturity
- University degree in Human Resources, Industrial Relations or similar degree
- Minimum 10 years of experience in Human Resource Management across multiple disciplines and on a global basis
- Bilingualism (English and French) would be considered an asset
- A background in telecommunications, satellite communications or technology would be considered an asset for this role
The successful candidate must be able to work in Canada and obtain NATO Secret Status Government clearance.