Backed by a legacy of engineering excellence, reliability and industry-leading customer service, Telesat has grown to be one of the largest and most successful global satellite operators. Telesat works collaboratively with its customers to deliver critical connectivity solutions that tackle the world’s most complex communications challenges, providing powerful advantages that improve their operations and drive growth.
Telesat LEO, our Low Earth Orbit network scheduled to begin service in 2022, will revolutionize global broadband connectivity by delivering a combination of high capacity, security, resiliency and affordability with ultra-low latency and fiber-like speeds. Privately held and headquartered in downtown Ottawa, with offices and facilities around the world, Telesat’s principal shareholders are Canada’s Public Sector Pension Investment Board and Loral Space & Communications Inc. (NASDAQ: LORL). For more information, visit www.telesat.com.
Reporting to the Manager, Business Systems; the Programmer Analyst will design and develop new enhancements to software applications to meet the current and future needs of the business
How you will contribute
- Responsible for reviewing, supporting, automating and integrating Infosat’s business applications
- Responsible for supporting and integrating LEO BSS requirements into Corporate Systems
- Responsible for DBA monitoring and alerting of corporate SQL servers.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of the company’s application portfolio, development tools, and development procedures.
- Actively participate in the development and review of business and system requirements to obtain a thorough understanding of business needs in order to deliver accurate solutions.
- Provide development activities level of effort and duration estimates for schedule planning.
- The developer will proactively manage activities to deliver required work on time.
Education and Experience required
- Extensive experience with SQL Server database
- A minimum of 5 years of directly related working experience in business application development
- Extensive programming experience using C#, VB.net, ASP.net, Java, Python
- Experience with web services
- Experience with Cloud integration is an asset
- Experience with MS Excel, VBA and pivot tables would be an asset
- Knowledge of SSRS Reporting, SharePoint development, Tableau, Microsoft Office Products
- Strong written and oral English communication skills
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to communicate and coordinate with other departments and stakeholders
The successful candidate must be able to work in Canada and obtain clearance under the Canadian Controlled Goods program (CGP).