Backed by a 50-year legacy of engineering excellence, reliability and industry-leading customer service, Telesat has grown to be one of the largest and most successful global satellite operators. Telesat works collaboratively with its customers to deliver critical connectivity solutions that tackle the world’s most complex communications challenges, providing powerful advantages that improve their operations and drive growth.
In addition to our state-of-the-art global, geostationary satellite fleet, Telesat LEO, our Low Earth Orbit network scheduled to begin service in 2022, will revolutionize global broadband connectivity by delivering a combination of high capacity, security, resiliency and affordability with ultra-low latency and fiber-like speeds.
Telesat also provides industry-leading technical consultation and support services to satellite operators, insurers and other industry stakeholders around the globe.
Privately held and headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, with offices and facilities around the world, Telesat’s principal shareholders are Canada’s Public Sector Pension Investment Board and Loral Space & Communications Inc. (NASDAQ: LORL). For more information, visit www.telesat.com.
About the Role
The purpose of the Manager, Telesat LEO Finance is to support financial modelling, funding, and risk management for Telesat’s Low Earth Orbit (LEO) constellation.
- Evaluate, create, and manage detailed financial/valuation/funding models to support decision-making, including comparable valuation and Discounted Cash Flow for the LEO project
- Distill and communicate model and business plan insights to senior leadership, potential partners, potential lenders, and investors
- Co-ordinate and support the sizing, procurement, negotiation and execution of multiple complex credit facilities to support the LEO project
- Co-ordinate the completion of conditions precedent to drawdowns and execute drawdowns
- Co-ordinate risk management activities for the LEO project
- Manage the debt covenant compliance process to ensure compliance with all credit facilities
Education & Experience Required
Specialized Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- 8 years+ of work experience in management consulting, venture capital, private equity, corporate development or investment banking
- Post-graduate degree or MBA; CFA is an asset
- Extensive experience in building financial models, strong understanding of corporate finance concepts, and knowledge/experience with complex financing structures
- Risk Management experience is an asset
- Expert Microsoft excel skills
- Excellent oral and written communication and cooperation skills in order to convey factual and conceptual information to others
- Ability to rigorously prioritize opportunities, needs, and resources
Decision Making & Supervision
- Independent judgement in assessing requirements, planning, scheduling and organizing work assignments;
- Exercises initiative in making sound decisions regarding the planning and establishment of priorities to ensure timely completion of all tasks in order to meet required commitments.
- The appointment of a Senior Financial Analyst, LEO, to report to this position is contemplated
The successful candidate must be able to work in Canada and obtain a Reliability Status Government Clearance.