Reference #: 816452
Work Location: Delaware County
Position Type: Full-Time
Reports To: Residential Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Shift: Days, Evenings, Nights available
Primary Purpose: Assists individuals with Intellectual Disabilities in their daily living, program needs, emotional and behavior needs, with a focus on providing quality care to each individual; while assisting them to reach their greatest level of independence in conjunction with the entire Interdisciplinary Team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists/coaches/ monitors each individual with their daily living needs such as: bathing, personal hygiene care, dressing etc.
- Reinforces positive behaviors and promotes social interaction with the individuals served by modeling appropriate behavior and developing a therapeutic rapport with those entrusted to their care.
- Assists at meal time by modeling family style dining, while monitoring the diets of each individual and adhering to their dietary restrictions and mealtime supervision needs.
- Accompanies individuals while in their communities; providing transportation, ensuring safety, assisting in purchases as necessary.
- Assists in implementation of therapeutic activities, such as; physical exercises, mass or church functions, arts and crafts, and recreational games.
- Attempts to meet the emotional and behavior needs of each individual; following the intervention strategies identified in the Behavior Support Plan (where applicable); providing physical intervention only when necessary to protect health and safety.
- Completes daily documentation such as; accountability sheets, behavior tracking, goal tracking, toileting schedules and incident reporting as needed.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required; plus one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Valid Driver's License (issued from the state of residence) and driving approval from the Archdiocese of Philadelphia.
Creating an account will allow you to update your information or apply for other positions without re-entering your information.