Reference #: 818160
Work Location: Delaware County
Position Type: Full-Time
Reports To: Teri Johnson
FLSA Status: Exempt
Shift: M-F with some evenings and weekends
To function as the first contact between individuals and the provider families and Life Sharing through Family Living.
- Taking primary responsibility for intake procedure into Life Sharing through Family Living. That is, receiving referrals from referral agent; collecting required information on the individual necessary for screening and selection; visiting Private Licensed Facilities; interviewing individual and caretaker, participating in team reviews, and taking responsibility for the matching process between the Life Sharing individual and Life Sharing family.
- Providing transportation and coordinating arrangements for pre-placement visits, monitoring pre-placement visit.
- In conjunction with BSU Case manager, inviting, arranging and coordinating the interdisciplinary team meetings for the IHP and IEP development.
- Assisting the Life Sharing family in arranging appropriate school placement and developing a regular means of communication with each Life Sharing individual=s school teacher.
- Visiting the Life Sharing home and individual at least weekly, and more often, if necessary.
- Developing the in-home IHP and providing specific teaching strategies an treatment approaches for use by the Life Sharing parents; monitoring the training/treatment provided.
- Evaluating the adequacy of routine care for individual provided in the home (clothes, meals, safety).
- Collecting and reviewing the Life Sharing parents monthly reports and the individual=s school reports.
- Writing quarterly reports on the progress of the individual in school and at home.
- Maintaining contact with Base Service Unit Case manager for the purpose of providing routine feedback.
- Collecting other data for program evaluation purposes as required by Life Sharing Supervisor.
- Participating in the twenty-four hour emergency response system, that is, to be called, as assigned by the Life Sharing Supervisor.
- Monitoring provider families in complying with State Regulations Chapter 6500.
- Master’s degree in a Human Services related field preferred, with one year management/social work experience working with developmentally disabled individuals OR
- Bachelor’s degree in a Human Services related field, with two years management/social work experience working with developmentally disabled individuals.
- Must have a valid driver’s license from state of residence and be able to receive Archdiocese driving approval
- Ability to do integrated services in the community
- Must be in good physical and mental health and be able to pass all pre-employment screenings
Creating an account will allow you to update your information or apply for other positions without re-entering your information.