Reference #: 828717
Work Location: Delaware County
Position Type: Part-Time
Reports To: Director of Day Progrms
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Primary Purpose of Job
The primary purpose on this job is to conduct job marketing and job development, leading to increased employment opportunities for individuals within the Developmental Programs Division.
- Pursue job leads, including: cold calls, researching business directories, attending business forums, and networking to match individuals’ specific needs and desires.
- Seek creative ways to educate local businesses on advantages of hiring Intellectually Disabled (ID) population, e.g. marketing materials, success stories and participation in local Chamber of Commerce events.
- Conduct intake interviews with individuals and assigned Qualified Intellectual Disabilities Professional/Program Specialist to discover individual’s interests, preferences and job strengths.
- Utilize workshop and employment aptitude assessments, and staff observations of individuals in the workshop setting, to ascertain work performance skills.
- Coordinate provision of individualized training sessions for individuals who need additional employment training (e.g. victimization awareness, nutritional awareness at work).
- Perform job analysis and situational assessments for potential employment to match appropriate placement with the appropriate employee; submit monthly progress notes on each individual supported.
- Develop and coordinate weekly work schedules for both on-site and community-based employment opportunities.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 2 years’ experience working directly with individuals with Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities.
- Have or obtain national accreditation/certification as an Employment Specialist working with the disabled population.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and 3 years minimum driving experience.
Creating an account will allow you to update your information or apply for other positions without re-entering your information.