Reference #: 831430
Work Location: Various
Position Type: Part-Time
Reports To: Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Primary Purpose of Job
Actively enable individuals to carry out their personal choices and help build bridges that expand an individual’s community.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide an atmosphere of warmth, acceptance, and respect for individual(s) and their family, while providing oversight and ensuring the safety of the individual(s) in care
- Participate in medical/therapeutic appointments and/or treatment, as directed by the therapists and/or physicians, in conjunction with the family or Program Director
- Act as a role model to work with individual(s) to expand recreational boundaries and circle or relationships; supporting relationships that exist in the individual’s life; connecting individual(s) to local supports and services
- Share necessary pertinent information affecting the welfare of individual(s) while ensuring the confidentiality and privacy of individual(s)
Other Job Functions
- Attend and participate in pertinent meetings and trainings that will enhance ability to contribute to individual’s care and/or growth
- Work cooperatively with In-Home Supports Director, various other staff, individual(s), and their family
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required; some college preferred.
Must be able to effectively understand, read, write, print legibly, speak and do the following using the English language: read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; write routine reports and correspondence; speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Computer literacy is not required, but is preferred.
Certificates and Licenses:
Valid U.S. Driver's License with 3 year clean driving record required; must have application to drive approved by Archdiocesan insurance provider prior to hire.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- In the event that unanticipated aggressive behavior manifests from individuals served and de-escalation techniques fail, physical crisis intervention may be required.
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds with assistance.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to walk and sit.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell.
This job description is not intended to provide an all-inclusive listing of related job activities. Incumbent may be requested my management to perform other related activities in place of or in addition to those representative activities noted in this job description. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
We are an equal opportunity employer and consider all applicants without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, disability or handicap, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Creating an account will allow you to update your information or apply for other positions without re-entering your information.