Reference #: 862550
Work Location: Delaware County
Position Type: Full-Time
Reports To: Community Participation Support Coordinator
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Shift: All Shifts Available
Imagine getting paid to hang out with a friend doing arts and crafts, playing sports, going to the movies, bowling, etc. Sound too good to be true? It’s not! Our Community Participation Support Staff get paid to do just that. Our days are spent helping individuals navigate and engage the community all while having fun and making memories. If you enjoy working in the community and providing a bridge between the individual and meaningful social connections, come join our team at the Communities of Don Guanella and Divine Providence!
As a full-time CPS Staff, you will be eligible for a comprehensive benefits package that includes…
- A culture of inspired, diverse, and talented professionals that live and breathe our mission to embrace and serve persons with intellectual disabilities through professional and compassionate care.
- Excellent comprehensive employer subsidized health insurance plans that includes high quality medical, dental, and vision benefits.
- Employer funded Health Savings Accounts (HSA) for employees enrolled in the High Deducible Health Plan (HDHP).
- Up to 25 days of annually accrued paid time off.
- 403(b) retirement plan sponsored by Vanguard with annual employer contributions.
- Reimbursement for continuing education and professional development.
- Great selection of voluntary and ancillary benefits that include life and disability insurance plans.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide an atmosphere of warmth, acceptance, and respect for individual(s) and their family, while providing oversight and ensuring the safety of the individual(s) in care.
- Participate in medical/therapeutic appointments and/or treatment, as directed by the therapists and/or physicians, in conjunction with the family or Program Director.
- Act as a role model to work with individual(s) to expand recreational boundaries and circle or relationships; supporting relationships that exist in the individual’s life; connecting individual(s) to local supports and services.
- Share necessary pertinent information affecting the welfare of individual(s) while ensuring the confidentiality and privacy of individual(s).
- Attend and participate in pertinent meetings and trainings that will enhance ability to contribute to individual’s care and/or growth
- Work cooperatively with In-Home Supports Director, various other staff, individual(s), and their family.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Prior experience working with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities is preferred.
Creating an account will allow you to update your information or apply for other positions without re-entering your information.