Reference #: 873642
Work Location: Delaware County
Position Type: Part-Time
Reports To: Director of Nursing
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Primary Purpose of Job
Work as a member of the Health Care Team, and in conjunction with the entire Interdisciplinary Team to ensure all residents of Divine Providence Village receive quality healthcare and nursing services based on their specific healthcare needs.
Essential Job Functions
- Collect health and functional status data of individuals supported systematically and continuously. Data should be accessible, communicated and recorded.
- Based on an analysis of the needs of the individuals served, provides for development of nursing plan of care with goals and interventions specific to each individuals needs.
- Implement nursing plan of care to promote, maintain or restore wellness and promote proactive measures to assist in the prevention of illness.
- Evaluate responses of the individuals supported to nursing actions in order to revise the database, nursing diagnosis and nursing care plan.
- Effectively collaborate as part of the interdisciplinary team in assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating program supports for the individual.
- Complies with regulatory standards and facility policies/procedures and Nurse Practice Act standards and regulatory guidelines.
- Demonstrates an ability to prioritize responsibilities with evidence of appropriate planning and time management.
- Inform supervisor and/or Administrator on call of all pertinent information in timely fashion.
- Assist with orientation and training to new nursing department staff according to agency policies and regulatory guidelines.
- Provide instruction and assistance to direct care staff, as needed to assist them in the support of individuals.
Other Job Functions
- Participates in committees and /or subcommittees as requested.
- Regularly attends staff meetings, in-service and continuing education programs; attends all required in-service sessions annually.
- Additional duties and responsibility at assigned by the Director of Nursing.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Good leadership ability and interpersonal and organizational skills
- Graduate of accredited nursing program with a Registered Nurse license
- Knowledge of state and federal regulations preferably in an ICF/MR Facility
- Experience working in the field of Intellectual Disabilities, preferred
- Must possess a valid U.S. driver’s license and be able to obtain Archdiocesan driving approval
Must be able to effectively understand, read, write, print legibly, speak and do the following using the English language: read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form; ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Working knowledge of computers and be willing to learn the software programs used by the State and other governing agencies, medical and residential staff as required.
Certificates and Licenses:
Must possess a current and valid license as a Registered Nurse in the State of PA.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to work in a variety of settings and environments and has a moderate exposure risk to adverse weather conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- In the event that unanticipated aggressive behavior manifests from individuals served and de-escalation techniques fail, physical crisis intervention may be required.
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds with assistance.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and sit.
- The employee is regularly required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may face high exposure risks to blood borne pathogens, with a low exposure risk to hazardous materials.
Creating an account will allow you to update your information or apply for other positions without re-entering your information.