Reference #: 785757
Work Location: Delaware County
Position Type: Part-Time
Reports To: Residential Coordinator
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Primary Purpose of Job: The Community Support Professional, in conjunction with the entire Interdisciplinary Team, assists individuals with Intellectual Disabilities in their daily living skills, program needs, emotional and behavior needs with a focus on providing quality care to each individual, encouraging them to reach their greatest level of independence while also becoming a part of their community.
- Assists/supports/ monitors each individual with their daily living needs such as: bathing, personal hygiene care, dressing etc.
- Reinforces positive behaviors and promotes social interaction with the individuals served by modeling appropriate behavior and developing a therapeutic rapport with the those entrusted to their care.
- Assists in implementation of therapeutic activities, such as; physical exercises, mass or church functions, arts and crafts, community opportunities and recreational games.
- Attempts to meet the emotional and behavior needs of each individual; following the intervention strategies identified in the Behavior Support Plan (where applicable); providing physical intervention only when necessary to protect health and safety.
- Completes daily documentation such as; enhanced supervision, behavior tracking, goal tracking, toileting schedules and incident reporting as needed.
- In conjunction with the nursing team, ensures the healthcare needs of each individual are met
- Maintains professional demeanor and communicates respectfully and effectively with peers, supervisors, management, family, consumers, anyone working, receiving services, and visiting the home.
- Adheres to the guidelines set forth by the Incident Management Bulletin and DGV’s Incident Management Policy
- Maintains compliance with the Training Policy inclusive of all mandatory trainings; maintains CPR/FA certification and demonstrates competency.
- Will be responsible for creating opportunities for social participation with community and having maximal opportunity to exercise the rights and responsibilities of citizenship by implementing a variety of community experiences in a small group/or individual basis, based on one’s preferences and interests.
- Will ensure that the individual’s dietary needs are met by preparing nutritious meals in accordance with their prescribed diet.
- Will become certified in DPW’s Medication Administration course and safely dispense, administer and document in medication log all medications given to each individual.
- Will assist the individuals in establishing and maintaining a positive relationship with neighbors and community members.
- Will be responsible for maintaining safe and sanitary living conditions by completing housekeeping duties, such as straightening up, cleaning bedrooms, putting clothes away, running the vacuum, disinfecting, dusting, mopping and laundry.
- All other duties as assigned by Unit Manager or Assistant Unit Manager.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required; experience preferred.
Valid Driver's License (issued from the state of residence) and driving approval from the Archdiocese of Philadelphia.
Creating an account will allow you to update your information or apply for other positions without re-entering your information.