Reference #: 857317
Work Location: Delaware County
Position Type: Full-Time
Reports To: Director of Life Sharing Program
FLSA Status: Exempt
Shift: Mon-Fri 9:00am-5:00pm
The Communities of Don Guanella and Divine Providence serves adults living with intellectual disabilities in the Archdiocese of Philadelphia. An agency of Catholic Social Services, our programs provide a broad continuum of specialized care and are supported by dedicated professionals guided by our core values and mission.
- To function as the first contact between individuals and the provider families and Life Sharing through Family Living.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support individuals in the Life Sharing program, including people served in other types of services.
- Coordinate the completion of assessments.
- Participate in the development and implementation of Individual Support Plan (ISP)
- Complete quarterly reports on the progress of the individual.
- Participate in the twenty-four hour emergency response system, that is, to be called, as assigned by the Life Sharing Supervisor
- Provide and supervise activities for the individuals in accordance with the individual plan.
- Support the integration of individuals in the community.
- Support individual communication and involvement with families and friends.
- Developing the in-home Individualized Support Plan and providing specific teaching strategies and treatment approaches for use by the Life Sharing provides.
- Collecting other data for program evaluation purposes as required by Life Sharing Supervisor.
- Monitoring provider families in complying with State Regulations Chapter 6500.
- Conduct weekly and monthly home visits to ensure Health & Safety as well as compliance.
- Master’s Degree in special education, psychology, rehabilitation, social work, occupational therapy, physical therapy or other mental retardation field or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and 2 years of work experience working directly with persons with an intellectual disability or autism.
This job description is not intended to provide an all-inclusive listing of related job activities. Incumbent may be requested my management to perform other related activities in place of or in addition to those activities noted in this job description. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Creating an account will allow you to update your information or apply for other positions without re-entering your information.