Reference #: 861220
Work Location: Delaware County
Position Type: Full-Time
Reports To: Senait tsegay
FLSA Status: Exempt
Primary Purpose of Job
To provide and promote for the welfare, well-being, the care and programmatic needs of individuals according to the philosophy, mission and vision of The Communities of Don Guanella and Divine Providence Village. Primary focus will be on providing supervision to Direct Support Professionals (DSP) in their assigned living area(s) on all three shifts as well as the Assistant House Manager.
Essential Job Functions
- Supervises DPS and Assistant House Manager (if applicable) in all aspects of their job, assisting when necessary, in the total care of the individuals in assigned living area(s)/ community home.
- Oversees the daily operations of their assigned living area/ community home (including but not limited to: staffing conflicts, menu planning, grocery shopping, house meetings and resident care and support, where applicable)
- Ensures adequate staffing for the community home in conjunction with the Residential Department through the use of Onshift software, maintaining the prescribed levels of supervision and budgetary restrictions.
- Supervises and monitors the implementation of Individual Support Plans (IPPs) of the residents, ensuring the completion and accuracy of all required documentation, including but not limited to: Care Tracker, program goals, behavior tracking sheets, accountability checklists and incident reports.
- Participates in the Interdisciplinary Team Process including team, IPP, Incident and Medical Meetings
- Ensures a safe, sanitary, and family-like environment in the community home by ensuring any physical plant concerns are quickly and correctly reported to Maintenance Department and/ or Administration
- Oversees and assists in planning of recreational, vocational, and community inclusion activities, chaperones group sponsored trips/social functions, participating as needed.
- Maintains the shift report and communicates with the Assistant House Manager(s) or fellow House Manager(s) to ensure that all relevant information is shared to ensure the health and safety of each individual entrusted to our care as well as the ongoing daily operations of the living area/ home; conducts the shift report meeting and emails report to the Management Team.
- Adheres to the guidelines set forth by the Incident Management Bulletin and DGV’s Incident Management (IM) Policy to ensure the timely reporting of incidents, performs “look behinds” after an incident and takes immediate corrective action, when necessary in order to protect the health and safety of our individuals and prevent a reoccurrence.
- Supports the individuals in their spiritual life by coordinating their attendance at mass, rosary or other faith activities.
- Ensures On-Call coverage 24 hrs. per day as assigned to ensure proper management oversight and ensure health and safety on all three shifts.
- Conducts Incident Investigations as assigned by the Incident Management Coordinator following the expectations and procedures outlined in the DPW Certified Investigators curriculum; writes the Investigative Report and provides all relevant information to the Incident Management Team.
KNOWLEDGE/ SKILLS/ ABILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university and one year related experience preferred
- Associates degree and 5 years related experience required
Creating an account will allow you to update your information or apply for other positions without re-entering your information.