Position Status:Full TIme
Under direction of the Director of Site Operations designs, develops, and maintains the infrastructure and hosting environment at Healthstream
ESSENTIAL DUTIES OR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Hands-on technical prototyping in a virtualized and/or cloud services environment with a hands-on understanding of Cloud Computing solutions (e.g., Google App Engine, Microsoft Azure, Amazon EC2, S3, VMware, Eucalyptus or other cloud vendor offerings.).
- Knowledge and experience with large-scale systems integration involving private, hybrid, and public cloud platforms
- Understanding of cloud orchestration frameworks, enterprise IT service provisioning tools, and their role in IT transformation including Chef, SALT, Puppet, etc.
A. KNOWLEDGE/EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar field preferred.
- Minimum 7-10 years’ experience in a Systems Engineer Role
B. SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Experience with public and private cloud, including OpenStack and AWS
- Experience with virtualization, including: VMWare and HyperV
- Experience administering CentOS or Ubuntu
- Able to write software in Python or some other administrative language
- Strong understanding of ASP.Net fundamentals
- Strong and Deep understanding of systems performance tuning
- Experience in a 24X7 hosting environment
- Ability and experience to design and deploy highly available and mission critical web applications
C. ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Design, Build and migrate solutions to the cloud across the organization working with various teams. Responsible for Automation, Virtual networking/security and access in AWS Cloud Services. Provide DevOps and Systems engineering work with all AWS Services (EC2, RDS, Redshift etc..)And frameworks such as Chef or Puppet.
- Lead efforts to support and integrate our on premise Virtualization, Cloud infrastructure and systems with external cloud as needed. Ensure on premise and off premise workloads work well together. Develop reproducible migration plans for workloads and applications
- Create, modify, and update written procedures, processes, and technical support knowledge effectively and use this knowledge to provide consultation to other units and to streamline future application moves.
- Lead problem and incident resolution facilitating calls with vendors to file bug reports and resolve technical issues.
- Will support administration of servers, server clusters, backups, and storage, VMware and networking environments.
- Design, plan and implement systems architectures that support client and organizational objectives and requirements
- Support environment that includes Windows OS, VMware, EMC VNX, IIS Web Servers, Clustering Technologies and
- various applications.
- Identify, plan and lead projects and tasks necessary to assess, optimize, proactively manage and maintain systems and
- Ensure all support requests, projects and other tasks are reviewed, prioritized, addressed and completed in a timely and proficient manner
- Identify, document, publish and uphold systems policies, standards, procedures, checklists, agreements, diagrams, inventory, etc.
- Efficiently troubleshoot all issues and problems to ensure a timely and appropriate resolution
- Coordinate with members of the Site Operations team, rest of the organization and any others needed to ensure proper implementation, support and maintenance of systems
- Train and mentor team member
- Perform on-call duty for non-business hours support
- Complete any other tasks necessary to accomplish the organizations objectives