The Systems/Network Engineer position oversees the installation, configuration and maintenance of networked information systems in HealthStream’s 24/7 high-capacity production environment.
Common Job Titles include
Networking Engineer, Systems Engineer, Network Analyst, Network Consultant, Systems Manager, Network Manage. Our Systems/Network Engineer will install hardware, systems, and software for networks and servers.
Install, configure and maintain network services, equipment and devices, production servers and server clusters. Will support administration of servers and server clusters, manage all system back-ups and restore protocols, will plan and support network and computing infrastructure including routers, switches, firewalls and load balance devices. They will perform troubleshooting analysis of servers, workstations and associated systems. The Network Engineer documents network problems and resolution for future reference, documents and monitors system performance and implements performance tuning, manages user accounts, permissions and manages all aspects of Active Directory. Position will require a thorough knowledge of networking essentials and grasp of key protocols, will oversees software and network security, maintain core systems for 99.9% or better uptime of production infrastructure.
Qualifications should include but are not limited to the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or similar.
- Equivalent years in actual field experience considered.
- Certifications: MCSE, CCNA, CCNP, CCSE a plus. but not required.
Strong experience in:
- Systems: Dell, Windows, Cisco, F5, CheckPoint/Nokia: Software: MS SQL Server, Windows Server - all versions, Microsoft Cluster Server, IIS, MS .NET. ASP.NET, Active Directory, SNMP, network capture and protocol analysis, MS Office including proficiency in Vision, Networking: Switches, Routers, Hubs, Servers, Cables, Racks, Firewalls, LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, DNS, UDP, BGP, SMTP.
- Documented experience in maintaining Enterprise-level, high-capacity, high uptime, load-balanced web infrastructures, strong documentation skills with attention to detail required.
- Grasp of ASP.NET fundamentals, with experience in tuning for best performance, with strong analytical abilities and professional office experience required.
- Must have enhanced network and systems troubleshooting skills and works well under pressure while responding to issues reported on production systems, works well under pressure of deadlines and project timelines.
- Occasional travel to production Datacenter, involving overnight stays (usually no more than 1-2 nights but sometimes longer) required.
- On-call pager/phone on rotational basis.
- Off-hours scheduled downtimes require overnight work-hours on rotational basis