Position Status:Full TIme
Under direction of the Director of Product Architecture BI, designs, develops, and maintains the software and data products offered by HealthStream.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES OR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with Data/Systems groups to understand internal and external customer needs, understanding requirements, and effectively communicating product and technology decisions.
- Design and estimate effort of new features or sub-systems based on requirements documentation.
- Develop quality, defect free software that adheres to company coding and documentation standards.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to successfully lead small-scale project development efforts with minimal management oversight
- Adheres to company and department policies (e.g., time-tracking, punctuality, and utilization of various company productivity and tracking software)
- Mentors associate developers in new technologies and best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar field preferred.
- Microsoft Certified Application Developer (MCAD) or higher preferred.
A. KNOWLEDGE/EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with web stack development.
- 3 or more years of experience with RDMS like Microsoft SQL Server database development including: stored procedures, query optimization, and basic database design.
- 3 or more years of experience with programming languages like C#, Python, Ruby
- API development experience preferred
- Experience working with AWS Services or Machine Learning would be a plus
B. SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Supports the mission and goals of the company.
- Demonstrates integrity and strong ethical standards.
- Committed to quality and its continuous improvement.
- Solves problems proactively.
- Committed to learning better and more efficient ways to accomplish tasks.
- Sense of product ownership.
C. ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Requires strong communication skills to interact with internal groups and customers to understand development requests.