The Associate Account Executive, Medical Technologies shall prospect for and develop sales leads for HealthStream’s MedTech solutions, by identifying and connecting with the appropriate decision-makers within medical supply, equipment and supply companies. In conjunction with sales leadership, marketing and product management, the individual is responsible for generating, developing and qualifying new leads for the sales organization through telephone, email and product launch campaigns. In addition, the representative is responsible for response, development and qualification of inbound leads received through HealthStream’s website, trade shows, CRM tool and inbound telephone inquiries. A key objective of this position is to achieve a target number of qualified leads, set forth by sales leadership and described in the Sales Incentive Plan.
This individual may also work on maintaining contact and renewing agreements with existing accounts, as directed by senior sales personnel.
This position will report to Sales leadership, with direction also provided by senior sales personnel. The goal of this position is to increase the overall sales performance of the MedTech group. With good performance, the potential exists for this position to be a stepping stone to promotion to a sales territory or segment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES OR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prospecting Activities within Assigned Accounts: Includes cold calling, internet research, email communication, relationship building, and other tactics to achieve sales results.
- Identify and Qualify Opportunities: Includes presenting HealthStream solutions to prospective customers, developing and building customer relationships, securing executive team sponsorship, understanding the contract approval process and timing of agreement signing.
- Demonstrate, Propose, and Present: Includes demonstrating HealthStream MedTech solutions to key stakeholders, presenting compelling value proposition, developing comprehensive and innovative proposals, answering questions, and following up promptly and professionally.
- Help Negotiate and Close Business: Creating and submitting order forms and/or Statements of Work (SOWs), helping during negotiation of contract terms, securing commitment and signature, facilitating the processing of contracts, and effectively transitioning client to the implementation phase to ensure long-term customer success.
- Pipeline Management: managing pipeline in SalesForce CRM system, updating opportunities, supporting sales leadership effectively and succinctly.
- Contribute to the HealthStream Sales Community: Includes developing and sharing best practices and leverageable materials, facilitating internal discussions, collaborating with other sales team members, supporting efforts by the Sales Accelerator Office (SAO).
- Undertake Personal and Professional Development Opportunities: Including developing and maintaining outstanding product knowledge, building deep expertise in healthcare trends, and continuing to enhance skills and abilities such as communication, presentation, negotiations, and teamwork.
- Value Added Member of Broader HealthStream Community: Includes working cross-functionally with Marketing, Product and Project Managers to create value-added customer solutions aligned with our vision, business principles, and values.
A. KNOWLEDGE/EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in related area, BA or BS
- Excellent customer service and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to quickly develop relationships, ranging from the “C” suite to departmental directors to end users
- High level of integrity and professionalism, properly setting expectations
- Comfortable in working independently in a collaborative, fast paced, results oriented culture.
- Sales experience with a track record of at least 3 years of superior sales performance in highly competitive environments, preferably within the healthcare industry
- Ideal candidate will have existing relationships within healthcare organizations.
- A team player. Willing to accept responsibility and accountability, and share success with team members.
- Ability to travel up to 20%.
B. SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong hunting skills a must – self-motivated, tenacious, accountable for one’s own success
- Familiarity with CRM Software – SalesForce
- Presentation Skills and Sales Training
- Solid Computer Skills- Office Suite
C. ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- High Emotional Intelligence
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of fluid variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to communicate well with all levels of personnel
- Ability to see to utilize computer and monitor
- Ability to sit at a computer
- Manual dexterity to manipulate keyboards and phones
- Ability to speak in a clear and moderated voice
- Standing, walking, lifting small objects (under 20 pounds) occasionally
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.