Position Status:Full TIme
HealthStream offers a unique opportunity for an experienced HR Manager to carry out programs and strategy in support of our organizational goals and missions. As part of the HR management team, the HR Manager plays a significant role supporting the HR function and sustaining a productive and professionally satisfying workplace for employees. This current opportunity is located in Nashville, TN at our location in the Highland Ridge office complex near the Nashville airport (off of Elm Hill Pike).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES OR RESPONSIBILITIES – (The below listed duties are not all inclusive. This position must also perform other duties as assigned.):
- Deliver front-line HR support to managers and employees, supporting the Patient Experience (PX) business unit (PX employees are located in Nashville at Highland Ridge, in our Columbia, Maryland office, and remote), in a highly responsive, service-oriented environment
- Exercise initiative and sound judgment in proactively managing HR issues, with the support of the Sr. HR Director
- Advise managers on Employee Relations issues using sound knowledge of Employment Law
- Administer HR processes and HR procedures that improve overall efficiencies within HR department
- Assist Sr. HR Director with Employee-Driven Teams to continue to improve the culture of multiple facilities
- Assist in recruiting, interviewing, and filling open positions as needed for the Patient Experience Business Unit
- Plan, conduct and assist in new employee orientations.
- Supervise HR Coordinator and Assistant positions
- Assist in assigning and conducting annual training working with the HR Team
JOB SPECIFICATIONS: What specialized, technical, or practical knowledge, skills, experience or abilities are needed to perform the job. (Include degrees, certificates, licenses, or other bona fide job qualifications.)
A. KNOWLEDGE/EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- The successful candidate will possess 6+ years of progressively responsible HR generalist experience, with 2 years in a management role and a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, or related field from an accredited college or university.
- PHR or SPHR certification preferred
- Call Center experience a plus
B. ABILITIES REQUIRED (work characteristics, behaviors, leadership abilities, etc.):
- Developing and implementing human resources goals, objectives and practices for effective, efficient and cost effective management of allocated resources.
- Investigating and responding to inquiries and grievances from management, employees, public groups and regulatory agencies
- Administering personnel policies, practices and procedures.
- Managing multiple projects, duties and assignments
- Interpreting and applying Federal, state and local policies, procedures, laws and regulations
- Supervising, coordinating and delegating assignments, and reviewing the work of assigned department personnel (HR Coordinator, Receptionist)
- Previous experience with Human Resources Information Systems applications (HRIS).