Position Status:Full TIme
The Solution Executive role will be responsible for successfully aligning and selling the HealthStream Talent Management product suite to meet or exceed sales quota within a specific geographic territory. This individual will have ultimate responsibility for many elements of the sales process, including market segmentation, prospecting, qualifying, positioning, demonstrations, solution expertise, presentations, objection handling, contract negotiations through sale closure, in addition to providing leadership for other team members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES OR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify and Qualify Opportunities for both existing clients and new prospects: Includes aligning HealthStream Talent Management solutions with prospect/client initiatives, developing deep customer knowledge and relationships, identifying funding source, securing executive team sponsorship, resolving obstacles, and designing take out opportunities.
- Demonstrate, Propose, and Present: Includes demonstrating HealthStream Talent Management solutions to key stakeholders, presenting compelling value proposition, developing comprehensive and innovative proposals, answering questions, building ROI / business case, and following up promptly and professionally.
- Support RFP process: In response to request for proposals, lead proposal teams, support quality RFI/FRP response strategy, secure references, and handle pricing strategy.
- Negotiate and Close Business: Including creating and submitting contracts, negotiating contract terms, secure commitment and signature, processing contracts in contract management system, and effectively transitioning client to the implementation phase to ensure long-term customer success.
- Territory Planning and Pipeline Management: Including developing and updating territory plans, managing pipeline in CRM system, updating plans and pipeline, support sales leadership in strategy formulation, and present plans / pipeline to sales leadership effectively and succinctly.
- Contribute to the HealthStream Sales Community: Includes developing and sharing best practices and leverageable materials, facilitating internal discussions, collaborating with other sales team members, supporting efforts by the Sales Accelerator Office (SAO).
- Undertake Personal and Professional Development Opportunities: Including developing and maintaining outstanding product knowledge, building deep expertise in healthcare trends especially as it relates to Talent Management, and continuing to enhance skills and abilities such as communication, presentation, negotiations, and teamwork.
- Value Added Member of Broader HealthStream Community: Includes working cross-functionally with Marketing, Product and Project Managers to create value-added customer solutions aligned with our vision, business principles, and values.
- Challenger Selling Mindset: Understanding that relationship building is important, but assisting clients with their strategic initiatives requires challenging them to think differently.
- Target Audience: Being able to understand the needs of stakeholders and target leadership within the C-Suite, Human Resources, Clinical, Risk Management, Education, and other.
A. KNOWLEDGE/EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Excellent customer service and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to quickly develop relationships, ranging from the “C” suite to departmental directors to end users
- High level of integrity and professionalism, properly setting expectations
- Comfortable in working independently in an empowering, fast paced, results oriented culture.
- Bachelor’s degree in related area.
- Sales experience with a track record of at least 5 years of superior sales performance in highly competitive environments, preferably within the healthcare industry.
- Leadership qualities to serve as a team player, but willing to take responsibility and accountability. Shares success with team members.
- Ability to travel up to 50%
B. SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Solid computer skills – Office Suite
- Familiarity with CRM tools such as SalesForce
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
C. ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Supervise and lead other team members within assigned territory
- Ability to communicate well with all levels of personnel
- Ability to see to utilize computer and monitor
- Ability to sit at a computer
- Manual dexterity to manipulate keyboards and phones
- Ability to speak in a clear and moderated voice
- Standing, walking, lifting small objects (under 20 pounds) occasionally
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.