Position Status:Full TIme
Location:San Diego, CA
Summary: Responsible for the deployment, maintenance, monitoring, performance, and disaster recovery efforts of various Verity environments. Develops and maintains all Verity database triggers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deploys and manages all Verity Cloud application server instances.
- Deploys and manages all new databases in EchoCloud.
- Deploys new sets of code on an ongoing basis and recommends deployment process improvements.
- Administers database replication and backup processes in EchoCloud.
- Monitors application/database performance in order to recommend performance improvements.
- Own, maintains, and develops all of Echo’s trigger modification requests.
- Administers BORIS and SALES instances of Echo (application and database)
- Participates in all EchoCloud/BORIS/Sales Echo troubleshooting.
- Supports other departments by managing all product related cloud requests.
- Works with development team to troubleshoot escalated issues.
- Words with infrastructure team to maintain and improve Echo's availability.
A. Knowledge/Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or rlated discipline preferred.A minimum of 5 years computer support experience.
- High proficiency in all areas of server application software, proven ability to build and deploy Servers and Workstations.
- Proficiency in all areas of desktop application software and hardware including MS Windows 7 and MS Office Suite.
- A general understanding of basic LAN, connectivity, router administration and network administration.
- Experience with Enterprise Data Backup and Recovery along with Enterprise Antivirus and Disaster Preparedness and Recovery.
- Experience with VMware (vCenter, ESXi); VEEAM, Cisco Switches/Firewalls. Citrix NetScaler preferred.
B. Skills Required:
Exceptional written and oral communication skills with a focus on strong documentation skills and the ability to present ideas in a user friendly language.
- Excellent customer relations skills; handling multiple priorities and project management.
- A solid understanding of networking concepts such as the following: LAN/WAN, TCP, IP, DHCP, DNS, Routing, Switching and Firewalls.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and strategic questioning
C. Abilities Required:
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies
- Must be able to be flexible with work schedule as needed.
- Must enjoy working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment but also retain the ability to work in an independent role with moderate supervision.