Position Status:Full TIme
Location:San Diego, CA
The Application Support Specialist will be working directly with clients, provides Tier 1/Tier 2 technical support of our proprietary software products to client organizations. ESSENTIAL DUTIES OR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides Tier1/Tier2 phone, email, and/or WebEx support to clients using company’s proprietary software products; works closely with clients and internal resources to resolve client issues across multiple products/technologies.
- Troubleshoots and diagnoses reported client problems and works to understand and correct problems; builds rapport and elicits problem/request details from clients; reports progress/results to clients in a timely manner.
- Tests resolutions applied to client environment to ensure reported problem has been adequately resolved.
- Identifies software anomalies; tests anomalies to verify and determine scenarios under which they occur; documents verified anomalies in a Microsoft product called TFS which is the tool our Development uses.
- Thoroughly documents all phases in a support case including contacts, software products, step to replicate, internal updates and ultimately the resolution in Salesforce.
- Using defined escalation methodology, escalates complex problems and/or client complaints to Manager.
- Supports company standards by collaborating, communicating and cooperating with internal staff members and external clients in a timely and professional manner.
- Performs related duties as required in support of client service goals.
- Actively participates in the creation of and completion of quarterly bonus program.
- Bachelor's Degree in related discipline required.
- 1 - 3 years’ experience providing software support services required.
- Extremely detail oriented with both troubleshooting as well as documenting.
- Experience in Salesforce is beneficial, but not required.
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Must be able to prioritize work appropriately.
- Must have well-developed problem solving skills and a passion for solving puzzles and learning how things work.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Must have the ability to quickly assess client requests and identify appropriate solutions.
- Must have the ability to interact with both non-technical users and highly technical users.
- Practical knowledge of relational database management.
- Working knowledge of current Microsoft operating systems.
- Ability to function as part of a goal-oriented team.