Position Status:Full TIme
Verity, a HealthStream Compay is looking for a Data Analyst to coordinate, plan and transfer data from client data sources to company software products using programming, analysis, and technical tools. Our Data Analyst experts assist clients with software installs and upgrades to ensure a smooth transition.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Using appropriate programming and technical tools, evaluates client’s data to determine its suitability for transfer into Verity’s proprietary software systems.
- Works with multiple Echo departments as necessary to ensure the successful execution of data transfer and software implementation projects to provide a positive experience for clients.
- Communicates any issues/concerns regarding contractual obligations related to data transfer services to the Implementation Specialist.
- Uses appropriate programming and technical tools to extract, transform, and load data from client data sources into Echo’s databases.
- May perform data- related custom programming projects, such as scripts, triggers, etc., as deemed appropriate by Client Services Management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related discipline.
- Ability to analyze and develop SQL code and write complex SQL queries.
- A fundamental understanding of relational database theory and set-based logic.
- 1 - 2 years experience with data extraction and transformation tools – Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008 highly preferred; Visual FoxPro and/or Oracle 8i/10g desirable.
- A fundamental understanding of classic ASP and/or ASP.NET.
- Extensive knowledge of SQL Databases.
- Experience supporting, implementing and/or developing software in an n-tier architecture highly preferred.
- Must have strong, well-developed problem solving and data analysis skills with the ability to learn new technical concepts quickly.
- Excellent time-management, organization, prioritization, and the ability to adapt to rapidly changing technical projects.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.