Position Status:Full TIme
The Customer Support Specialist will be working directly with clients, provides Tier 1/Tier 2 technical support of our proprietary software products to client organizations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES OR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides Tier1/Tier2 phone, email, WebEx, and/or chat support to clients using company’s proprietary software products; works closely with clients and internal resources to resolve client issues across multiple products/technologies.
- Troubleshoots and diagnoses reported client problems and works to understand and correct problems; builds rapport and elicits problem/request details from clients; reports progress/results to clients in a timely manner.
- Tests fixes to ensure reported problem has been adequately resolved.
- Works with clients to install and upgrade company’s proprietary software products and associated components.
- Identifies software anomalies; tests anomalies to verify and determine scenarios under which they occur; documents verified anomalies in TFS.
- Documents all contacts processed using software support system including Problem, Resolution and Follow-Up Action Required.
- Using defined escalation methodology, escalates complex problems and/or client complaints to Manager.
- Participates in the alpha testing of new releases prior to release to clients.
- Develops recommendations for enhancements to company products and communicates them to Manager.
- Supports company standards by collaborating, communicating and cooperating with internal staff members and external clients in a timely and professional manner.
- Performs related duties as required in support of client service goals.
A. KNOWLEDGE/EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's Degree in related discipline required.
- 1 - 3 years experience providing software support services required.
B. SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Must be able to handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Must have well-developed problem solving skills and a passion for solving puzzles and learning how things work.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communications skills.
C. ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Must have the ability to quickly assess client requests and identify appropriate solutions.
- Must have the ability to ineract with both non-technial users and highly technical users.
- Practical knowledge of relational database management
- Working knowledge of current Microsoft operating systems.
- Ability to function as part of a goal-oriented team.