The internship program at HealthStream will enable you to grow personally and professionally by providing you with real-world experience in one of the top healthcare IT companies in the United States. In the HIP program you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects in a simulating collaborative environment. Through this experience you will get a close up view of ways to both improve and further develop an organization. This experience in partnership with your coursework will set up you on a road for career success. The experience that you receive through the HIP program will provide you with applied understanding of organizational and business development making you a great candidate for employers upon graduation.
As an Administrative Intern, you will provide administrative support and assist in the management of several projects. In doing so, you will be collaborating with the departments and teams of individuals responsible for these processes, allowing you to see the purpose and scope of this project.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist on projects related to work process and flow improvement
- Participate as an active team member in collaborative manner
- Answering phones, scheduling meetings, preparing agendas
- Putting together presentations
- Taking minutes
- Processing expense reports
- Uploading content to public and private communities
- Undergraduate or Master student in Marketing, Business or Healthcare Administration Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word
- Office or administration experience preferred
- Tech savvy with strong computer skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with great attention to detail
- Ability to work 20-30 hours per week
- Accountability - Taking responsibility for one’s actions and the consequences that result from those actions.
- Communication & Positive Presence - Listening attentively and respectfully; expressing thoughts and ideas effectively and concisely—both verbally and in writing. Exhibiting a pleasant attitude.
- Collaboration - Cooperating and working effectively with others in the pursuit of common goals.
- Critical Thinking - Using sound judgment, logic, and common sense to identify efficient and effective ways of approaching problems or new initiatives.
- Adaptability - Being flexible and continuing to function effectively during times of change.
- Continuous Improvement - Keeping an open mind; seeking new ideas and ways of doing things in order to streamline processes and increase client/customer satisfaction.
- Planning & Organizing - Appropriately prioritizing activities, scheduling time, and utilizing resources in order to complete tasks in an efficient and timely manner.
- Work Ethic - Setting high standards for one’s work; taking care to ensure all aspects of work are completed accurately.
- Customer Service - Treating clients/customers with a high level of respect and taking action in order to meet or exceed expectations and resolve problems.