Position Status:Full TIme
Manage successful completion and delivery of Verity software implementation projects. Assist, and be mentored by, Project Manager on Enterprise Implementation and Consolidation projects. Apply basic project management methodologies and use a consultative approach to provide the best solutions for customer needs. Work with colleagues and customers to facilitate the day-to-day progress of projects. Responsibility for project planning, scope management, risk and issue management, project visibility, status reporting, and escalation. Demonstrate leadership when working with customers and project team in terms of communication, accountability and issue escalation. Work effectively with technical leads and vendors to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES OR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Exhibit personal ownership over their projects.
- Demonstrate leadership among peers and stakeholders.
- Effectively manage multiple projects.
- Understand the associate project manager’s role and responsibilities during the 5 project phases (initiation, planning, executing, monitoring and controlling, and closing).
- Articulate the vision and goal of each project being managed
- Work effectively with project team members, stakeholders, product managers, and project sponsors.
- Manage tasks, schedules, and assignments and to ensure an achievable project scope.
- Create project plans to achieve schedule, quality, and performance baselines by defining assigned project tasks and responsibilities
- Ability to tailor process to meet project objectives and product requirements while maintaining a disciplined approach to data capture, tracking, and reporting. An associate project manager proactively suggests alternatives, questions assumptions, and ensures clarity.
- Execute projects effectively and efficiently to maintain speed through the critical path while maintaining quality standards.
- Use creativity in problem-solving and present a positive, customer-focused, solutions-oriented approach.
- Effectively communicate through meetings, regular written status reports, and verbal project updates.
- Comfortable presenting to groups, including customers, and representing Verity and HealthStream in a professional manner.
- Assess, plan, and manage project risk and contingency tactics, anticipating and resolving issues before they escalate.
- Manage changing requirements and expectations including task redefinition and reassignment.
- Work constructively with functional managers. An associate project manager must have a sense of organizational awareness, the boundaries spanning functional areas and a knowledge of functions, processes, and capabilities within the company.
- Support department standards and policies and assists in the revision of existing protocols and the creation of new protocols.
A. KNOWLEDGE/EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- One to two years of experience, or applicable formal education or training, managing software implementation products/services, particularly for software solutions
- BS or BA degree from an accredited, four-year institution.
- CAPM certification a plus
- Prefer experience in the healthcare industry
- Experience with Microsoft programs including but not limited to MS Project, Word, Outlook, Excel, SharePoint, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with web conferencing software.
B. SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Candidates MUST be detail-oriented with superior analytical, problem solving, and organization skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to build functional work relationships and manage cross- functional teams
- Excellent task management and documentation skills
C. ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Exhibits a high level of personal ownership over projects. Accountable for the success of the project from an internal and end-user perspective.
- Manages multiple success criteria for a project including but not exclusive to: product implementation, development and release, end-user training and documentation as well as transfer to operational support.
- Works with the project team to assess, manage, mitigate and escalate project risks so that they are controlled prior to becoming issues.
- Initiates, builds, and maintains effective working partnerships with project team members, project stakeholders, project sponsors and functional managers of team members.
- Effectively communicates through meetings, regular written status reports, and verbal project updates. Is comfortable presenting to large groups, senior executives, and customers and represents HealthStream in a professional manner.
- Constantly considers how project tasks could be completed faster or more efficiently, with higher quality, and at lower cost.
- Exhibits creativity when problem-solving and presents a positive, customer-focused, solutions-oriented approach.
- Willingness to improve efficiency by suggesting alternatives, questioning assumptions, and ensuring clarity in communication.
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Demonstrated affinity for technology