Position Status:Full TIme
Location:San Diego, CA
Quality Assurance Analyst
Summary: Designs, develops and executes test plans for company’s proprietary software applications; coordinates, conducts and reports results of testing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designs, documents and executes test cases for ongoing software releases and new software products.
- Assists in all phases and types of software testing -- regression testing, performance testing, stress testing, unit testing, new feature testing, and other types as required.
- Works closely with developers to reproduce errors, identify issues and resolve problems
- Ensures that all bugs are documented, tracked and updated during the testing cycle using the bug documentation software
- Assists application development staff in diagnosing user problems, and documenting issues found
- Participates in the development of new features by creating new variables in support of new features.
- Learns new test related tools to assist in QA testing (as needed).
- Assists in setup / configuration of QA Testing environments
- Relays pertinent defect information to QA/Development/Product team members.
- Participates in Team Meetings to discuss team goals, tasks, and tools.
- Assists in coordinating the distribution of software to new and existing clients.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related discipline preferred.
- 1-2 years experience in application software design and testing required.
- Must have a practical knowledge of relational database theory; experience and/or knowledge with SQL Server Query Analyzer is a plus.
- Must demonstrate excellent attention to detail, organization skills, and time management skills.
- Must be able to work independently with limited supervision, and as part of a team.
- Must have the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with other team members.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
This position is primarily sedentary in a normal office environment.
Extensive computer usage and use of the phone.
Could lift up to 20 lbs.