Whiteshell Laboratories (WL) Engineering provides design, procurement, construction and engineering support to the WL site. This includes supporting WL Decommissioning Operations, the WL Decommissioning Project, the Reactor Safety Division, the Waste Technology Division and non-AECL tenants.
Reporting to the Design Supervisor, specific duties may include, but not be limited to:
· design (conceptual, preliminary and detailed designs) and supervise the construction and monitoring of new electrical systems (power distribution and instrumentation systems)
· design of retrofits and modifications to existing electrical systems
· preparation or review of appropriate documentation in support of projects (e.g., design plans, concept reports, design requirements, design manuals, technical specifications, technical notes, customer proposals, work plans, schedules and estimates)
· monitor/report project progress and costs against schedule and budget
· liaison with customers and regulators
· engage and interface with contractors and consultants
· ensure that work within his/her responsibility is performed to meet or exceed applicable quality, code, regulatory and customer requirements
· contract administration including preparation of contract specifications, scope of work and associated documentation.
· Must be a graduate in Electrical Engineering from a university of recognized standing.
· Must have a minimum of two years experience in the design of electrical systems (power distribution and instrumentation).
· Must be eligible for membership in the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Manitoba.
· Must be familiar with the requirements of the Canadian Electrical Code.
· Must have demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills.
· Must be experienced in engaging and supervising contractors.
· Must be able to work under tight schedules and budgets.
· Must be able to work independently and effectively in a multidisciplinary team.
· Must be familiar with Microsoft Office suite of software programs.
· Familiarity with AECL design practices and quality assurance program would be an asset.
AECL has an Employment Equity Program and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.